Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tile grout lighter than expected

Options
  • 26-03-2020 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Some tiles just went in there and the grout (silver grey) seems much lighter than what we had seen in the shop and doesn't look great to be honest.
    I am half wondering did the tiler use the wrong grout, but couldn't say for sure.

Is there anything that can be done to correct this? any kind of staining etc.?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

ravendude wrote: »
    Hi,
    Some tiles just went in there and the grout (silver grey) seems much lighter than what we had seen in the shop and doesn't look great to be honest.
    I am half wondering did the tiler use the wrong grout, but couldn't say for sure.

Is there anything that can be done to correct this? any kind of staining etc.?

Thanks...

I would actually be interested in an answer to this also. We had some wood-effect tiles laid a while back in an en-suite and the grout is a lot lighter than we hoped. I had considered masking taping the tiles up and applying some kind of stain but don't want to make a pigs ear out of it. Unfortunately I don't really have a test-patch area that I could use either.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭briaineo

Advertisement