Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl brad gun

Options
  • 26-03-2020 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭

This cordless brad/staple gun is in Lidl today

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/cordless-diy/cordless-stapler/p39381

I had been looking at something like this

https://www.vonhaus.com/vh_en/cordless-nail-staple-gun

Apart from the obvious difference in brad lengths they are capable of firing (vonhaus does 50mm, the Lidl one is limited to 32mm) is there enough difference to warrant the extra cost of the vonhaus?

Cheers

Actually, scratch that. I see that Aldi's Ferrex version is about the same price as the Lidl one, but has the same specs as the vonhaus (looks pretty similar too). Now to wait for Aldi to get it in again...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,715 ✭✭✭✭listermint

have the lidl corded stapler, same brand. Its rubbish. used it a few times but its been in the box gathering dust for 2 years. Based on that id struggle to recommend a brad from the same manufacturer. I mean a stapler should be simple to do. brad needs a bit more steam and finesse.

Adding cordless into the mix ... I have the cordless electric saw from the same brand and the battery dies in ten minutes. Disappointing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

listermint wrote: »
    have the lidl corded stapler, same brand. Its rubbish. used it a few times but its been in the box gathering dust for 2 years. Based on that id struggle to recommend a brad from the same manufacturer. I mean a stapler should be simple to do. brad needs a bit more steam and finesse.

Adding cordless into the mix ... I have the cordless electric saw from the same brand and the battery dies in ten minutes. Disappointing.

What particular problem does it have? Doesn't drive the nails in?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

I got one from aldi last year and gave it back 2 days later. I couldn't drive the nales that came with it I wouldn't recommend one

I never buy Lidil/aldi tools but I made the mistake of buying the floor/wall sander a few months back (parkside brand too).
    It lasted 10mins before it let the smoke out.
    When I was getting a replacement instore another fella was returning one.
    He made the wise decision to get this money back.
    the second sander lasted 3/4 hours before it burnt out.I wasnt even going hard on it.
    Had to send that one back and am now on my third one which I havent tried yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Triboro

I never buy Lidil/aldi tools but I made the mistake of buying the floor/wall sander a few months back (parkside brand too).
    the second sander lasted 3/4 hours before it burnt out.I wasnt even going hard on it.
    Was that the long drywall one with a 9 inch? head on it that you got?
    Was gonna get one to do a room I'd insulated slabbed,taped and jointed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

I've bought both Lidl and Aldi tools before. Some are fine, some are shïte. Are the pro quality? Nope. Do some of the tools suit occasional DIY use? Absolutely.

Parkside itself is just a badge, the tools seem to be sourced from different manufacturers. As such, I try to treat each tool on its merits, rather than looking at Parkside as a "brand".

Having said that, the Aldi Ferrex version of the above Brad gun seems to get better reviews, so I might leave this one, and go with the Aldi one when it's back in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

cletus wrote: »
    I've bought both Lidl and Aldi tools before. Some are fine, some are shïte. Are the pro quality? Nope. Do some of the tools suit occasional DIY use? Absolutely.

Parkside itself is just a badge, the tools seem to be sourced from different manufacturers. As such, I try to treat each tool on its merits, rather than looking at Parkside as a "brand".

Having said that, the Aldi Ferrex version of the above Brad gun seems to get better reviews, so I might leave this one, and go with the Aldi one when it's back in

I bought the Aldi ferrex one. Have done a fair bit with it. It does jam now and again but the more I use it the better I get to know it . For me it has been a good buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

cletus wrote: »

I bought the Aldi ferrex one. Have done a fair bit with it. It does jam now and again but the more I use it the better I get to know it . For me it has been a good buy.

awec wrote: »
    What particular problem does it have? Doesn't drive the nails in?

No it leaves them protruding which means they need to be hammered home. No Bueno.

Bought a Ryobi 18G instead. Flawless machine

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No it leaves them protruding which means they need to be hammered home. No Bueno.

Bought a Ryobi 18G instead. Flawless machine

I was tempted to pick one up but a nail gun that can't drive nails seems like a waste of my money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

Slightly different perspective on this thread because I already own a Ryobi 18g brad nailer.

I bought the Parkside one above because we needed a stapler and it has been completely fine for that so far. Haven't bothered trying it with brads yet and it probably won't ever get used for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Slightly different perspective on this thread because I already own a Ryobi 18g brad nailer.

I bought the Parkside one above because we needed a stapler and it has been completely fine for that so far. Haven't bothered trying it with brads yet and it probably won't ever get used for them.

Any chance you could try a few Brad's and let us know if it is any good.also have the 18g Ryobi

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

massy086 wrote: »
    Any chance you could try a few Brad's and let us know if it is any good.also have the 18g Ryobi

Recorded a quick vid of it shooting a few brads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4e6DHxCPjY

Same as my electric one . Crap. Having to go back over every piece of work with a nail punch. Pain in the arse.

Advertisement