Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NAAS , Monday 23rd

• 22-03-2020 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

3.00 -

HATHIQ 16/1
    Inconsistent but is capable of throwing in a really good one every now and then . Goes on the ground , decent 7lb claimer up and well drawn for everybody’s favourite trainer

ROYAL CANFORD 14/1
    Won well over 6f on soft ground at the Curragh last September under Billy Lee , 8lb higher now but he’s well drawn , ran well first time out last year and Lee takes over again now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

SD too short?
    AOBs often need the run
    First day out
    Ground be a concern?
    He is obviously the class horse but a lot of maybes at such a price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

With all due respect to racing, I’m fond of it I’m finding it hard to see why this is continuing.

If people want to run horses and try and keep an industry going then that’s admirable.

But what’s not admirable is that every racing meet requires a level of medical professionals on site for the event. The level of medical cover is necessary no matter if there is one punter or 25k of them, with the HSE currently up the walls there are people working in Nass today that could and should be deployed elsewhere.

So why no run event with no medical cover, if a jockey falls and is injured then let them go home and mend that broken spleen, or fractured leg so that a bed in a hospital isn’t taken up unnecessarily.

Every single other sport is cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

With all due respect to racing, I’m fond of it I’m finding it hard to see why this is continuing.

If people want to run horses and try and keep an industry going then that’s admirable.

But what’s not admirable is that every racing meet requires a level of medical professionals on site for the event. The level of medical cover is necessary no matter if there is one punter or 25k of them, with the HSE currently up the walls there are people working in Nass today that could and should be deployed elsewhere.

So why no run event with no medical cover, if a jockey falls and is injured then let them go home and mend that broken spleen, or fractured leg so that a bed in a hospital isn’t taken up unnecessarily.

Every single other sport is cancelled.

not to derail the thread but while the medical profession is under severe pressure we have not reached saturation of the facilities yet, 29 patients in ICU and from what I am seeing a and e are generally quieter than they have been in years. Obviously there is massive preparations going on but it is not genuine to give the impression that there are patients not getting assistance because there are medics at the racing.

not to derail the thread but while the medical profession is under severe pressure we have not reached saturation of the facilities yet, 29 patients in ICU and from what I am seeing a and e are generally quieter than they have been in years. Obviously there is massive preparations going on but it is not genuine to give the impression that there are patients not getting assistance because there are medics at the racing.

I’m sure any conversation of the virus here will be nipped fairly quickly, But healthcare facilities being overrun or not shouldn’t be the deciding factor for any sport going ahead.

40k people are waiting on tests, there are ambulances at every race meet. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see how unnecessary a use of Medical resources this is.

The Order of Malta provide the medical assistance at race meetings. It is not HSE staff.
    They use their own ambulances too so are not taking away from Frontline services.

Edit. HRI supply the doctors too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I’m sure any conversation of the virus here will be nipped fairly quickly, But healthcare facilities being overrun or not shouldn’t be the deciding factor for any sport going ahead.

40k people are waiting on tests, there are ambulances at every race meet. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see how unnecessary a use of Medical resources this is.
    And are the 40,000 waiting for tests people with symptoms or who have had contact with infected people, or is there a high proportion of hypocondriacs in the number?
    I know someone who will be talking about how they think they have it. They think they have everything.
    They had a condition for years, until they were tested and told there was nothing wrong with them.
    The doctors at race meeting are not accident and emergency doctors nor intensive care unit doctors. If they were needed elsewhere they would be elsewhere.

I put Euro 10 at 130 on Jazz Dreamers in the 14:00 at Naas. How about you? Have you had a bet?
    How many posts have you had on the Horse Racing fotum?

My guess is you are looking to take the high moral ground and have come to this forum to do a bit of preaching.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Do you know the Ambulance population of Ireland?

Do you know how many personnel are required?

Do you really want to wind me up? Every day we are getting high moral ground clowns posting on this forum. The same tripe talk about your virus, which is affecting everyone. These same imbeciles were having orgasms about the Cheltenham Festival, which was 2 weeks ago now and strangely has not instigated the viral apocalypse you were all salivating for.

Ireland directly employs 27,000 in the horse racing industry, that is before you talk about secondary industries. The black market on Toblerone sales has been annihilated already.

If you have an issue with the races going ahead posting on this forum will not get you anywhere. I am a narcissistic sociopath, I care more about racing going ahead than your opinion on how it is spreading a virus around the country, or some rubbish you are inventing about how it is a drain on the states resources, pleeeeeease, you can quote me on that. I reckon I speak for many posters on this forum. Racing is the only thing keeping me going at the moment.

Just because you have no passion for anything does not give you the right to criticize mine or this forums. This virus has been cynically used by the anti racing brigade to attack the industry, that is callous and shallow. You don't really care about the HSE, you are more interested in whipping up fear and winding this industry up.

There are other choice words I could use, but I am not going to, I get banned regularly on this site for over speaking my mind. If you have an issue with it I suggest you get in contact with the HRI and have it out with them. Otherwise etc etc.

It is interesting that Lipizzaner in the 14:00 Naas has gone from 1/1 to 2/1 on Betfair.
    He is by Uncle Mo who ran eight times, all on dirt. The dam of Lipizzaner is an Australian filly.
    I think soft to heavy at Naas is not ideal for this favourite.

It is interesting that Lipizzaner in the 14:00 Naas has gone from 1/1 to 2/1 on Betfair.
    He is by Uncle Mo who ran eight times, all on dirt. The dam of Lipizzaner is an Australian filly.

I had never heard of the sire before reading the card last night. The first thing that sprang to mind is that Coolmore are experimenting with a new blood line. War Fronts are not training on as 3 year olds and they need to shore this up, albeit they are very successful at 2, but I think you know what I mean.

It would be interesting to know how many 2 yr olds they have out of Uncle Mo this year?

TheTorment wrote: »
    The Order of Malta provide the medical assistance at race meetings. It is not HSE staff.
    They use their own ambulances too so are not taking away from Frontline services.

Edit. HRI supply the doctors too.

That’s my point exactly, the order of Malta could be much better used elsewhere. This is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

That’s my point exactly, the order of Malta could be much better used elsewhere. This is a joke.

your mother in law must be a racing fan

Contact the Order of Malta and tell them.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Do you know the Ambulance population of Ireland?

Do you know how many personnel are required?

Do you really want to wind me up? Every day we are getting high moral ground clowns posting on this forum. The same tripe talk about your virus, which is affecting everyone. These same imbeciles were having orgasms about the Cheltenham Festival, which was 2 weeks ago now and strangely has not instigated the viral apocalypse you were all salivating for.

Ireland directly employs 27,000 in the horse racing industry, that is before you talk about secondary industries. The black market on Toblerone sales has been annihilated already.

If you have an issue with the races going ahead posting on this forum will not get you anywhere. I am a narcissistic sociopath, I care more about racing going ahead than your opinion on how it is spreading a virus around the country, or some rubbish you are inventing about how it is a drain on the states resources, pleeeeeease, you can quote me on that. I reckon I speak for many posters on this forum. Racing is the only thing keeping me going at the moment.

Just because you have no passion for anything does not give you the right to criticize mine or this forums. This virus has been cynically used by the anti racing brigade to attack the industry, that is callous and shallow. You don't really care about the HSE, you are more interested in whipping up fear and winding this industry up.

There are other choice words I could use, but I am not going to, I get banned regularly on this site for over speaking my mind. If you have an issue with it I suggest you get in contact with the HRI and have it out with them. Otherwise etc etc.

You would make a right good DUP candidate with that level of ignorance, but I feel sorry for you that the only thing keeping you going is racing. That’s depressing.

Contact the Order of Malta and tell them.

Will do.

And are the 40,000 waiting for tests people with symptoms or who have had contact with infected people, or is there a high proportion of hypocondriacs in the number?
    I know someone who will be talking about how they think they have it. They think they have everything.
    They had a condition for years, until they were tested and told there was nothing wrong with them.
    The doctors at race meeting are not accident and emergency doctors nor intensive care unit doctors. If they were needed elsewhere they would be elsewhere.

I put Euro 10 at 130 on Jazz Dreamers in the 14:00 at Naas. How about you? Have you had a bet?
    How many posts have you had on the Horse Racing fotum?

My guess is you are looking to take the high moral ground and have come to this forum to do a bit of preaching.

Will you be bothered if the jockey in one of your precious races falls and is unable to receive treatment because the hospital is full?

Will you be bothered if the jockey in one of your precious races falls and is unable to receive treatment because the hospital is full?

Will you?

You are making up stuff.
    I had an operation in early March.
    The hospital was full, but that is how hospitals work.
    There are people waiting for treatment for months.
    I was waiting, and was given three different operation dates before the actual date.
    If the hospital is "full" they postpone treatment for a few people, and the hospital is then "not full".

@lawerencesummers

You've made your point. This thread is for the Naas racing today. Move along if you're not contributing to it and be mindful not to fall off your high horse.

You would make a right good DUP candidate with that level of ignorance, but I feel sorry for you that the only thing keeping you going is racing. That’s depressing.

I think there could be nothing sadder than actually trolling a horse racing forum under the pretence that you actually care for jockeys or the HSE or the Order of Malta. At least your'e learning something here, how to make a tit of yourself.

I would say the DUP have a lot smarter members than you if I am honest, it looks like they are running rings around you for starters. What a joke.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is the Horse Racing forum - it's here to discuss Horse Racing. If you have an issue with the current racing going on, please do not raise it here. There are plenty of threads in the Coronavirus forum where you can raise these points

Thanks

• Advertisement

Just to take the thread in a different direction, this is an image of an Akhal Teke horse, a central Asian breed (population 6,500) from which the thoroughbred is descended.
    Those were mixed with other breeds and then with the native Irish and British breeds (Hobbys; Galloways) to produce our thoroughbred racehorses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Going with a Mokhalad and Brogue double today

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

The thread was titled Naas , Monday . Any chance we could keep the chat based to the racing . At Naas . On Monday .

Everyone is well aware we are all in the **** at the moment so it’d be nice to get a bit of relief from it by coming on to a racing forum and seeing some posts about the actual racing .

I’m off now to wash my hands again and disinfect the phone ...

2.30 Naa -
    GETAWIGGLEON 18/1

Ran among some nice types last summer and the top 5 in the market are questionably short . Looks a decent enough price if that’s the case

16:00 Sir Dragonet. I put on at 1.69.
    The only danger is Numerian, or if Aidan O'Brien has not given the favourite any work.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Throwing a 5er free bet away on a few favs acca.

11. Knight Of Malta
    8. Dark Vader
    4. Hong Kong
    1. Sir Dragonet

Thought he was worth opposing too . I usually kick myself after this meeting that I haven’t spotted the overpriced Bolger but I’d be letting Poetic Flare go at the current price .

Had to find a Bolger for today ....

5.00 Naa -
    LEGAL REFORM 20/1

Dam was a sister of Loch Garman , trip and ground should be grand and I’d crack up if I saw this one go in at this price unbacked

Looks like good stuff. Tender steps to be taken punting wise. I see Kew Gardens is going to Dubai this weekend so there is scope to say that some of Coolmore's could be fitter than we imagine, albeit in the last few years they have crawled into it.

2.00 The Blue Panther
    2.30 Woodford General
    3.00 Mr Scarlet, Mokhalad
    3.30 In from the Cold, the King of Kells
    4.00 No bet, I think laying Sir Dragonet is the best angle. I respect that he is stone better than the rest, but it is early season and he has proved expensive before. In saying all that he was only beaten half a length in a Derby and he should be winning this by 3 or 4 lengths at least, first run or not.
    4.30 Cero Bayo , Blissful
    5.00 Irish Master

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Just curious, but will there be spectators at this, or is it just the horses and jockeys (and staff obviously) at the event.

PS I know nothing about horse racing... it's just a question.

swarlb wrote: »
    Just curious, but will there be spectators at this, or is it just the horses and jockeys (and staff obviously) at the event.

No spectators.

Looks like good stuff. Tender steps to be taken punting wise. I see Kew Gardens is going to Dubai this weekend so there is scope to say that some of Coolmore's could be fitter than we imagine, albeit in the last few years they have crawled into it.

2.00 The Blue Panther
    2.30 Woodford General
    4.00 No bet, I think laying Sir Dragonet is the best angle. I respect that he is stone better than the rest, but it is early season and he has proved expensive before. In saying all that he was only beaten half a length in a Derby and he should be winning this by 3 or 4 lengths at least, first run or not.
    5.00 Irish Master

If Cero Bayo wins that over a mile , I give up ....

.... until Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭bladespin

swarlb wrote: »

Available via tv link, RacingTV if you want to watch - or are we a member of the social distancing police???

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

10 - Grizzly @ 9/2
    14.30 Naas

5 - Mokhalad @ 5/1
    15.00 Naas

8 - Lustown Baba @ 11/2
    15.30 Naas

6 - Emiyn @ 9/2
    17.00 Naas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Double today

2.00 Poetic Flare
    4.30 Even So

• Advertisement

Last pop today .... 3.30 . I was trying to get on Lustown Baba at 8/1 last night , only got around a half on and the price went . I thought she’d go off 5s or lower so the fact she’s easy enough now around 13/2 means I’ll leave it be and switch to CAMACHITA at 11/1 for Johnny Murtagh .

Narrowly beaten in a 6f Fairyhouse nursery last September before dancing in at Dundalk over 7. Finished up last year running well in a Group 3 and that level of form shouldn’t be miles off here . Jockey claims 5 , ground fine . Drawn wide which is obviously a big concern but she can break well and if she gets a decent position early , could go well at a nice price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I think its worth siding with the o brien horse in the first now at the prices.
    He had 5 entered here and went with this fella.
    Could be only 2 year old race of season so id imagine he sent the best and not just the fittest.

15:30 Lustown Baba at 10.5 has won on similar ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

2.00 The Blue Panther
    2.30 Woodford General
    5.00 Irish Master

nice work there Moron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

No spectators.

I wonder do jockeys miss the crowd... like at a football match where the spectators can urge their team on.
    Would it be an influence to the outcome of a race, would the horses themselves even notice the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

This early season turf form is quite hard to get a handle on but I couldn't be having this Ger Lyons filly an even money shot.
    Twomey is usually on the ball at this time of year think his filly will run her race. Bit of a minefield though.

*Also a small saver on Welds 4yo filly. She is 20+ on the machine and she may have a bit more experience than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

BoldReason wrote: »
    *Also a small saver on Welds 4yo filly. She is 20+ on the machine and she may have a bit more experience than them.

Don't need to after time as she was second but for some reason I thought Hamariyna was trained by Weld. Thought at 1 stage she might win it. Ah well :(

A good day for the online bookies. :o

2.00 The Blue Panther
    2.30 Woodford General
    5.00 Irish Master

Well done Moron

Particularly the 3.30 .... ya ******

2.30 Naa -
    GETAWIGGLEON 18/1

3.00 Naa -
    HATHIQ 16/1
    ROYAL CANFORD 14/1

3.30 Naa -
    CAMACHITA 11/1

5.00 Naa -
    LEGAL REFORM 20/1

No joy in the end , Getawiggleon a well beaten 2nd, Camachita ran well from 14 , beaten a 1/2 length in 2nd and not much consolation from finding the overpriced Bolger runner , 20/1 into 11/2 SP in the last but couldn’t get it done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Hard to believe now Sir Dragonet went off Derby fav
    We all know AOB early season backing is a minefield but God that was poor
    Where is The Chester horse gone

Hong Kong was worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Let the racing continue for as long as we can. Thousands of jobs could be saved

• Registered Users Posts: 3 asrebiscuits

a well known jockey had a fall some years ago damaging his spleen and ended up in Naas Hospital ICU.

The Doctors on duty are usually local GPs. i.e. Adrain McGoldrick is a Newbridge based GP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Let the racing continue for as long as we can. Thousands of jobs could be saved

This is the last week of it.

lemush wrote: »
    This is the last week of it.

Where did you see that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement