Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk 20th March cough.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Hopefully Gavin Ryan OK there. Not nice to see these falls on the flat.

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Do we get our money back on that race on Betfair?

Race voided. Gavin Ryan fell off his horse and they stopped the race as the horses rounded the final turn. I was on Muzmid.

Do we get our money back on that race on Betfair?

Race voided. Gavin Ryan fell off his horse and they stopped the race as the horses rounded the final turn. I was on Muzmid.

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

nasty for gavin and guild who i backed of course

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Anyone who thinks Tony The Gent was entitled to go off 10/11 against Yuften under them conditions hasn't a clue about racing. Hogan got it all fair play to him, getting involved in a claimer when he has the first two is akin to equine bingo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Panrich

Scoundrel wrote: »
    That was as bent as it gets left yuften out the back then flew home for the 1-2 after the winner was gone

Yuften was 'unlucky' to dwell coming out of the stalls. :rolleyes:

Pretty funny that the young lads father liked all the Ostrichs posts. Decent apprentice mind he'd be as well doing a runner from Hogan's yard if he could.

Anyone looking for a good laugh you can see the exact moment Doyle decides the winner is to far ahead and goes full bore about 23 seconds into the below clip. Shameless carry on all round.

https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1241010848761548802?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

BoldReason wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a good laugh you can see the exact moment Doyle decides the winner is to far ahead and goes full bore about 23 seconds into the below clip. Shameless carry on all round.

Hilarious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Fair play for calling them out is all I can say.

But I said it before and I am saying its again, in more clear language this time.

You will lose your bollocks if you think you can back winners in claimers and the likes. It is a racket and unless you are getting serious info don't bother, I mean that. There is no point crying away though your pockets, anyone backing slow horses deserves to lose their shight.

Save your few bob for more competitive races where you will at least get a bit of value for your bet, backing slow horses will have you broke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Pretty funny that the young lads father liked all the Ostrichs posts. Decent apprentice mind he'd be as well doing a runner from Hogan's yard if he could.

HUH???

IAMAMORON wrote: »

But I said it before and I am saying its again, in more clear language this time.

You will lose your bollocks if you think you can back winners in claimers and the likes. It is a racket and unless you are getting serious info don't bother, I mean that. There is no point crying away though your pockets, anyone backing slow horses deserves to lose their shight.

Save your few bob for more competitive races where you will at least get a bit of value for your bet, backing slow horses will have you broke.

I don't think anyone backed anything in it even , just calling out rancid ****

You don't need to have a bet to call out scandalous shenanigans.
    I didn't have a bet in that race fwiw. It's not really the point.

I've said my bit anyway lads can come to their own conclusion if they want as the stewards will most likely do nothing.

HUH???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭robbiezero

The slight pause at 0.15 as the horse started to get momentum quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

F*ckin can't stand Denis Hogan and his cronies. Always up to that sort of stuff

Yuften found to be lame post race by the IRHB veterinary officer.

tipptom wrote: »
    Yuften found to be lame post race by the IRHB veterinary officer.

He didn't look too lame gaining 5 lengths over the last furlong, far from it.

yeah no horse finishes like that lame , absolute whiff from top to bottom in ireland

• Advertisement

Even the veterinary officer is in on the act

Will any of the bookies open up for thurles tomorrow

Andrew00 wrote: »

Depends on the bookies.

Where there is a will there is a way.

I understand the biggies are closed but you might get on with any of the independents?

Otherwise you will have to get online.

They are all priced up already for the big race.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/2020-03-21-thurles/15:10/winner

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Clique

That was wonderful scumbaggery to be fair. That's what your up against.

Anyone know if you can download races from ATR or RTV? Not watch but download :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Great for Denis Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Andrew00 wrote: »
    No they are closed until the 29th but it will rightly be a lot longer than that.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Great for Denis Hogan.

wasn't funny at cheltenham either

• Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

052A Crowne Plaza Dundalk Claiming Race
    James J. Doyle, rider of Yuften (GB) trained by Denis Gerard Hogan, reported to the Clerk of Scales that his mount missed the kick and moved poorly.

The Stewards fined Miss Elizabeth Doyle, trainer, €65 for failing to fit cheek pieces as declared to My Lark, prior to entering the parade ring.

The Stewards enquired into the running and riding of Yuften (GB), ridden by James J. Doyle, and trained by Denis Gerard Hogan. Evidence was heard from the rider and trainer concerned. James J. Doyle stated that he was instructed to sit in third, fourth or fifth place and to track his stable companion, Tony the Gent, for as long as he could and to go on to win or finish in the best possible position. James J. Doyle added that he fell out of the stalls, bustled his mount along, got stuck behind horses, did not have enough pace and moved poorly throughout. He sat at the rear until he could get enough room to run on, however at that stage the winner was gone on too far and he felt that he lost the race as a result of a bad start. Denis Gerard Hogan stated that he was expecting a straight forward run whereby his other charge, Tony the Gent, would have made the running but Yuften would finish better. Denis Gerard Hogan added that initially he was not satisfied with the ride given to Yuften however having viewed the race, spoken to the rider and considering that his charge was lame post race he was of the opinion that his charge could not have finished closer. The Stewards also received a report from the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board Veterinary Officer who stated that Yuften was lame post race and that samples were taken for analysis. Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, including betting trends in this race which the Stewards considered to require further investigation, the Stewards felt that they could not conclude the enquiry and they therefore referred the matter to the CEO of the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board under Rule 14 (ii) (b).
    At least it's getting a second look.

It is the stewards who need to be under the most scrutiny imo. I know it is a thankless job but they should be publishing their review of each race.

All we ever get is a one liner from the stewards room and it is as subjective as phuck, The consistency of stewarding is abysmal, especially enquiries. Given the technology available I have seen some jaw droppers over the years.

They should also be publishing or making available the printouts of photo finishes, for full disclosure. Never happens.

We are mugs and treated as such.

There is nothing to see here, now move on please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

They should also be publishing or making available the printouts of photo finishes, for full disclosure. Never happens.

Every track in the country prints and posts the photo finish images. I’ve seen them posted up at the likes of Leopardstown and the old Curragh. Look for them next time you’re racing and there’s a photo.

Advertisement