Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitchen faucet instant hot water

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Ideally get a plumber to see why there is poor flow, a replacement unit may not solve the problem, it may be down to a valve being partially stuck in the closed position

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Ideally get a plumber to see why there is poor flow, a replacement unit may not solve the problem, it may be down to a valve being partially stuck in the closed position

The plumber said that it was due to the distance the Hot water had to travel from the Hot Cylinder.... ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

I am not a plumber but I cant see the logic in that explanation, in your average house the hot water pressure is determined by the height of the cold water storage tank in the attic so pressure from the hot water cylinder should only change if the hot supply line raises which should cause it to drop or raise if lowered. maybe better post in the plumbers section and see what the experts say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I am not a plumber but I cant see the logic in that explanation, in your average house the hot water pressure is determined by the height of the cold water storage tank in the attic so pressure from the hot water cylinder should only change if the hot supply line raises which should cause it to drop or raise if lowered. maybe better post in the plumbers section and see what the experts say.

I think when op says the hot water is very slow at the kitchen tap I think they mean that a lot of cold water comes out before the hot. It ta a while for the hot from the cy to reach the tap. In my home if I turn on the kitchen tap I get 6 litres of water before the hot reaches the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I think when op says the hot water is very slow at the kitchen tap I think they mean that a lot of cold water comes out before the hot. It ta a while for the hot from the cy to reach the tap. In my home if I turn on the kitchen tap I get 6 litres of water before the hot reaches the tap.

That's it, but we have to wait quite a while longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

I have the exact same problem plus putting on heating for a tank of water that sits idle all day wasteful. There are a few on amazon with feedback. Heres one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TINTON-LIFE-Instant-Tankless-Electric/dp/B078HTMNCD/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=instant%2Bwater%2Bheater&qid=1586932121&sr=8-5&th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Have you room under sink for a heater that could be piped into hot water pipework

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Have you room under sink for a heater that could be piped into hot water pipework

Your thinking one of these?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8fJH1BTVA4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Yea, theres a few different types, ive seen 1 installed that brings the water to boiling point

Advertisement