Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge freezer run time.

Options
  • 15-03-2020 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Quick question.....how often should a side by side American style fridge freezer be running?
    We had a replacement compressor fitted recently and it's a little noisier than the original. So I've been noticing more when it's running.... which seems to be every hour for about half an hour. It might have always been that frequent but as it was quieter I didn't notice. Sometimes the humming is quieter than other times...does that mean different functions are operating (de-frost for instance)?
    Any advice or comments appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

As with your other thread its hard to give you a definite answer on what is happening, the only way you will know if the new compressor is running or not is put your hand on the pot, again re adding extra gas, to me it sounds as if the fitter was not sure how to determine the correct amt. which the unit needs to run correctly

Advertisement