Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

embedded splinter/infection in thumb

Options
  • 18-02-2020 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Apologies if this isn't posted in the appropriate forum. I work as a bartender and pricked my thumb around the joint when picking up a bottle skip a couple of days ago. Didn't think anything of it but the next day my thumb had swollen to double it's size and I don't have much movement in it. There may be a very small fragment of glass embedded in it or it might just be infected. I don't really have money to go to a doctor and I'm a bit worried I might have to take time off work if it doesn't sort itself out. Anyone know if I could get free medical treatment anywhere in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

If you got injured at work your employer should arrange medical treatment. Have you asked them?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,723 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

echo beach wrote: »
    If you got injured at work your employer should arrange medical treatment. Have you asked them?

Nope. Some will refuse, because doing so could be seen as admitting liability. Others will pay. Very few will organise the appointment for you.

OP, I'd guess that by now you're either dead or have seen a doctor.

Having a medical card is the only way to get cheap or free medical care here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Feel free to offer a good slagging but do not offer medical advice !
    Rob
    Moderator Note

Advertisement