Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Sheep or Hardman half

Options
  • 04-01-2020 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi all. Just wondering which one people would recommend? Want to do one of them this year but not sure which.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Did the Hardman Bantry last year and it was a good event. Very low-key versus a branded race, but that was quite nice TBH. Course is tough, especially the run...but the bike is one of the most scenic cycles I’ve been on in a race. I really want to do the Waterville one as well, as heard good things about that one too.

As far as the LS, I’ve not done it myself, but everyone I know who has done it, has had good things to say about it. The only negative seems to be the relative difficulty in securing a race entry.

Not sure this helps in making a decision between them, sorry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brchun0dpvotyk

EDit wrote: »
    Did the Hardman Bantry last year and it was a good event. Very low-key versus a branded race, but that was quite nice TBH. Course is tough, especially the run...but the bike is one of the most scenic cycles I’ve been on in a race. I really want to do the Waterville one as well, as heard good things about that one too.

As far as the LS, I’ve not done it myself, but everyone I know who has done it, has had good things to say about it. The only negative seems to be the relative difficulty in securing a race entry.

Thanks very much. Both seem like good options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Lost sheep all day.

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Lost sheep all day.

Good stuff, I think the time of lost sheep suits me better too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Good stuff, I think the time of lost sheep suits me better too

what part of the argument, LS all day , did you find useful to shape your opinion ?

both races are very good

hardman events more chilled and simple.

Ls more" sophisitcated" with pros and cons this entails, more rigid entry times registrtion times ,ie no monrining registration , more race flair etc . likley the best after race party in ireland
    if you live in that area i would do both.

and yes more suitable date is a valid point.
    the last thing technically speaking the lost sheep is not a half as bike is good bit short short so if you are a sickler for distances LS would not be the right course . (for me it is a proper half just wanted to point it out )

• Advertisement

I did not use it to form an opinion, I was just acknowledging that it is similar to the conclusion I came too myself. This conclusion was based on talking to people in the club and also a bit of online research outside of this thread. I am doing a full in Oct so this is better timing for me as a warm up race.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭efwren

EDit wrote: »

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but was thinking of targetting Lost Sheep this year. Is it typically difficult to get an entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

efwren wrote: »
    Apologies for hijacking this thread, but was thinking of targetting Lost Sheep this year. Is it typically difficult to get an entry?

Have your alarm clock set is all I'll say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WhoReallyAsks

Waterville is a great course,can't recommend it enough. If you want to just test yourself and get a hard day out it's perfect.There is no big crowd at it but that's part of the attraction,good simple triathlon.Scenery from start to finish is some of the best in this country.Clear water sea swim,a tough but very scenic bike and a run along a coast road.Weathers been good there 2 out of 3 years. Bantry is nice and not as tough a race but the road surface on the bike is terrible.Full in Killarney might be an option for you before your October one? It's not as hard as Waterville. Both are cheap and could probably be signed up for the day before. Lost sheep has always sold out before I could get an entry so can't comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sbefort

First set of Lost Sheep registrations opened this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Sbefort wrote: »
    First set of Lost Sheep registrations opened this morning!

And sold out in under a minute

Advertisement