Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Movie Pictures

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

In anticipation...

Barbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

a classic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Magnolia, 25 years old.

One of my favourite films.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Taxi Driver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭scottser

If i hear more words...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Across The Spider-verse.

I have posted here about the beauty that was Into The Spider-verse and elsewhere about the impact it had on animated movies from "The Mitchels vs The Machines" to "Puss in Boots" to "TMNT", even Disney's latest, "Wish". It just looked phenomenal.

But then they go out and pull Across The Spider-verse out of the bag....

I will admit that there are times when it is visual overload, especially the middle section but, especially involving Gwen, it is simply breath-taking. The actual backgrounds conveying the emotions of the scene.

TELL me you didn't have a lump in your throat when she explains herself to her father later.... Liar :D

The animation is just simply stunning. Below is the first 10 mins of the movie. Sony were that confident of what they had that they released it as a sample. Watch Gwen's poise as she lands near the Guggenheim (And again as she lands on the rubble) highlighting her grace as a dancer and the fact that she's enjoying her abilities at the top of her game.

As I said, there was a little bit of visual overload and I'm sure that will not be an issue with part 3 as this needed to basically introduce us to as many universes as possible.

The pic below is from early in the movie and, much like the inverted "dive" from the "What up Danger" montage in part 1, portrays a sense of vertigo that no liveaction movie portrayed.

Anyway... Across the Spider-verse

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Advertisement