Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roofing problem

Options
  • 27-03-2020 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if any roofer here can advise on a problem I noticed.

The tiles in the roof appear to be going white, I got up on the ladder and there seems to be holes coming in the tiles like a pitting,

Is this something of concern ? And if so does it need treatment?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭selfbuild17

They look like fibre cement slate rather than tiles. That white pitting is quite normal as the slate get older. I’ve never heard of any treatment for it. Fibre cement slate should usually last about 50 years before needing replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

thanks for the reply, ok so its normal to have indentations in the slate like pitting ? its like little holes, 50 years, not so bad so, house is 14 years old currently
    They look like fibre cement slate rather than tiles. That white pitting is quite normal as the slate get older. I’ve never heard of any treatment for it. Fibre cement slate should usually last about 50 years before needing replacement.

Advertisement