Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Australian Survivor - All Stars

• 04-02-2020 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

This should be a good one so I said I'd create a thread separate from the US survivor for it. I'm currently watching the first episode so I'll report back when I finish it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

Excellent . Did not know this was happening. Can't wait to get home and watch the first episode. Thanks kingtut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

norabattie wrote: »
    Excellent . Did not know this was happening. Can't wait to get home and watch the first episode. Thanks kingtut

You're welcome. Have only got through 1/3 of the first episode as something came up. the episodes on the Australian version air a lot more frequently than the U.S. version and so I believe episode 2 is also out (I've muted most of the facebook groups so that I don't get spoiled)

No Luke though :confused::confused::(:(

So I have now seen the first 2 episodes. Pretty decent overall and some really brutal battles! I found the first 2 vote outs to be predictable (far too predictable) and for an all winners season they should have really targeted a real threat.

Watched the first one last night. Didn't realise MKR was back too so yay.

Ammmm I'm not familiar with some of the players so I can't comment, but I do think Harry would be have been a better bet to go home on day 1 , just for having that stick in his mouth the whole time

• Advertisement

+

Ammmm I'm not familiar with some of the players so I can't comment, but I do think Harry would be have been a better bet to go home on day 1 , just for having that stick in his mouth the whole time

Did you watch Harry's original season? He was pretty good in it. Well worth watching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I had only seen the first 2 seasons, so not familiar with the season 3 or 4 players (I just didn't get around to watching those seasons for a variety of reasons), but just caught up on this season, and f**k me episode 3 of this was phenomenal. I'm a big fan of that type of gameplay, and it was flawlessly executed. Should be a very good season if there's more of that. Very much rooting for
    Matt and Dave
    at the moment.

Oh David. The biggest #$@_& from season 4 but that was really really well played in episode 3. My brain hurt.
    Outstanding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

I'v just watched episode 3.A very complex plan executed perfectly.
    The Aussies are better at this game than the Yanks.

Now off to watch episode 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭cyberhog

I didn't like to see Harry go he was my favourite player.

With Harry out I think Brooke has the best chance if she gets to final 3. She is a good social player, got great revenge on Flick and she has a savage individual immunity win under her belt too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

cyberhog wrote: »
    I didn't like to see Harry go he was my favourite player.

With Harry out I think Brooke has the best chance if she gets to final 3. She is a good social player, got great revenge on Flick and she has a savage individual immunity win under her belt too.

I'd go for Shonee over Brooke tbh. Better social game and now with 2 Immunity wins she cant br disputed.
    Glad they had the twist in the tribal. Was needed.
    Gutted for Lee and sad dedication at the end :(

Watched the first one last night. Didn't realise MKR was back too so yay.

Now AK has a stick in his mouth!

upupup wrote: »
    Now AK has a stick in his mouth!

Yeah but Harry always does too. Anyway I wonder what awaits Tarzan, David and Sharn for not going to Extinction Island. :eek:

Sorry just saw you said NOW ( my apologies)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Australian Survivor I think has now surpassed Survivor US in terms of quality. While its still early days for Winners At War in the US, so far it has proven to be a fairly dull affair for what should be its most epic season yet, whereas All Stars Australia has been firing on all cylinders since Episode 1. The longer episodes allow for better challenges and we get to see more strategy talks, and 3 nights a week keeps the momentum moving forward nicely.

Australian Survivor I think has now surpassed Survivor US in terms of quality. While its still early days for Winners At War in the US, so far it has proven to be a fairly dull affair for what should be its most epic season yet, whereas All Stars Australia has been firing on all cylinders since Episode 1. The longer episodes allow for better challenges and we get to see more strategy talks, and 3 nights a week keeps the momentum moving forward nicely.

The issue I have is the 1 episode a week thing. I can never remember who went home last week. It's quite boring to be honest. Australian one is fantastic. Wish they did it twice a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Australian Survivor will never be on par with the US Survivor, considering how poorly its edited and stupid twists in constantly implements due to them having some many episodes (i.e. this whole voting 6 people out the exile ****e)

hasdanta wrote: »
    Australian Survivor will never be on par with the US Survivor, considering how poorly its edited and stupid twists in constantly implements due to them having some many episodes (i.e. this whole voting 6 people out the exile ****e)

See I liked that! They needed the twist to prevent it just being a straight out cull of the minority alliance.
    We look forward to Survivor AU. Last night we basically talked thru the whole US one and I barely remember who was voted out.

I was happy to see Zach go.How did he become an All star?...An all star clown:D

Awh poor Brooke!! What a legend. And huge respect to David in the way he spoke about her and emphasised that she is not just an amazing female competitor but an amazing competitor full stop.
    Surely Dave is a shoe in for the win now but I'm delighted about that. Love him (also for anyone that is interested check out his Instagram Towel Challenge-drool!)

A Very Good season with lots of good players and I was delighted to see
    The golden god
    win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Little rossie

Brilliant season. Well deserved winner.

I still haven't seen most of it but I saw who wins on facebook so I'll just binge watch some day lol. Think I only got to episode 4 and I really didn't think that person would win. I'll be interested to see how they managed to do it :)

Enjoyed it up until the final two weeks. They just drag the arse out of it, and half the episodes are the final 5, 4, 3 just recapping what their game has been and what the experience has meant to them, while they show majestic video footage of the beach we've seen all season. And then the craic with Monday-Wednesday episodes all season, until the second to last week, where they have Monday, Tuesday and then Wed... Nah f**k you, wait until next Monday for the Finale, where we're just gonna do almost an hour more of this recappy sh*t and make you endure a family visit at Final 3, before finally getting to the bit you care about... and honestly by that stage I was just losing the will to live, so deserving winner and overall a great season, but they need to tighten up their endgame and cut back by a few episodes, to keep things moving along more lively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched the whole season (about 3 a day for the last few weeks) and just finished up. I'm definitely burnt out on it, but it was an excellent season and the right person won.

I wish the episodes were a bit tighter (over an hour for every episode means there is definitely padding there) but I still loved it.

Australian production values are so high at the moment. It shows in all their reality shows.

upupup wrote: »
    A Very Good season with lots of good players and I was delighted to see
    The golden god
    win.

It ended up being a brilliant season. Loved it from start to finish and a truly deserving winner.

As for Winners at war. I'm struggling so much with it. Its terrible

Advertisement