Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loose paint query

• 25-03-2020 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All, I went to paint my porch and started chipping off the loose paint. I ended up removing loose paint from about 40% of the surface altogether but now I'm worried it will look messy if I paint over what's left. i.e I'll be left with an uneven finish and probably two shades of white.

Should I try some kind of filler to 'fill in' the bits I've chipped free of paint? Or go hammer and tongs to remove the rest of the paintwork?

Thanks in advance for any replies, RM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Use a turbo nozzle on a decent pressure washer and it should lift the rest of the paint, there probably will be parts that will not come off but I wouldn't worry about the odd patch of paint remaining.
    Just use a good primer and a good topcoat and it should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

rivermisty wrote: »
    Hi All, I went to paint my porch and started chipping off the loose paint. I ended up removing loose paint from about 40% of the surface altogether but now I'm worried it will look messy if I paint over what's left. i.e I'll be left with an uneven finish and probably two shades of white.

Should I try some kind of filler to 'fill in' the bits I've chipped free of paint? Or go hammer and tongs to remove the rest of the paintwork?

Thanks in advance for any replies, RM

Sand everything,fill ,sand- 2 coats - done ( exterior filler if outside) painter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

maybe a thin edged chisel and patience - not a hammer unless you’re very careful - you don’t want chips out of it! Depends on how OCD you are but we all have time on our hands at the moment - why not do a beautiful job & have it set up right for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rivermisty

Thanks for the advice lads. Back out with the paint scraper and wire brush for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

rivermisty wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice lads. Back out with the paint scraper and wire brush for me.

Not too heavy,you'll get most of what you need off with a yard brush

• Advertisement
Advertisement