Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dishwasher stuck in unit

Options
  • 27-03-2020 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭

Hi, Hopefully one of you may be able to offer some advice.

I am trying to get my dishwasher out of the gap in the fitted kitchen and it is stuck between the presses. Its not a built in appliance and went in about a year ago so is not held in by screws etc. We did have a leak in the kitchen late last year and it appears that the sides of the presses swole a bit and are now wedging in the dishwasher. I have a small gap either side on the top half of the dishwasher and had thought about putting some WD40 in there to break the seal but I've never used that for anything like that before.

Any suggestions? I need to get it out so that it can be repaired and I dont fancy having to cut it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Is it a custom made kitchen or a common one made up of carcasses? If the latter then you could remove one of the press carcasses. Normally they are attached to the adjacent press and the counter top by a few wood screws. You might need to loosen the feet slightly if tightly fitted.
    Start by emptying press and remove the door. Take out shelves. Then try moving dishwasher. If unsucccesful then proceed to remove carcass.

Another thing you could try, if you have a gap on top, is to place a plank under the machine and make a lever with a block of wood or similar and gently try to prise it up and tilt it. Be careful that you don’t damage any parts exposed underneath machine. Be very gentle ...This might loosen it enough to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Cerco wrote: »
    Is it a custom made kitchen or a common one made up of carcasses? If the latter then you could remove one of the press carcasses. Normally they are attached to the adjacent press and the counter top by a few wood screws. You might need to loosen the feet slightly if tightly fitted.
    Start by emptying press and remove the door. Take out shelves. Then try moving dishwasher. If unsucccesful then proceed to remove carcass.

Another thing you could try, if you have a gap on top, is to place a plank under the machine and make a lever with a block of wood or similar and gently try to prise it up and tilt it. Be careful that you don’t damage any parts exposed underneath machine. Be very gentle ...This might loosen it enough to remove.

Thanks, I might try moving the carcasses but there’s probably not a huge amount of room. Getting under it isn’t an option, it’s pretty low to the floor as it is, about 10-15mm of a gap there so would want to be something strong to get any leverage underneath it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lie on your back and rock it back and forward with your feet to get it moving then grip the top and pull forward

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Rotweiler

WD40 the gaps you find but not where you will grab
    Lower the legs of the machine I believe the legs raise it so it is stuck
    get yourself a string or hard rope, from under the machine where legs are put it around and then pull the rope higher then pull it to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Thanks for all the replies. The WD40 down the cracks at the side done the trick. Pulled straight out 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Rotweiler

Great to hear!

=)

Advertisement