Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sanding and staining wood floors

• 24-03-2020 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Is there a going rate for sanding and staining solid wood floors?

I just got a quote for 33 euro per sq meter which sounds expensive to me? - given a decent solid wood floor can be got for 50 euro per sqm. The guy was making out like it was less than his usual rate etc. I believe he is putting a lye into it and oiling etc with quality materials

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

What type of floor is it, and how big an area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ravendude

What type of floor is it, and how big an area

100 sqm. It's a junckers (solid) beech silvaket. It needs a lye, probably and a grey stain as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

The price is ok, as the floor will be sanded, bleached, stained and refinished, have you seen a sample of what it will look like when it's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ravendude

The price is ok, as the floor will be sanded, bleached, stained and refinished, have you seen a sample of what it will look like when it's done.

Thanks. Yes, it looks very well in fairness, just wanting to do a sanity check on it

Advertisement