Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Hunt

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭Homelander

Slydice wrote: »
    Hasn't felt very marketed. Feels like it'll need some big word-of-mouth to make money.

It's a low budget Blumhouse production. The "controversy" was worth 10 times what they would have ever spent on marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Homelander wrote: »
    It's a low budget Blumhouse production

Ah Blumhouse! If I remember correctly his film only tend to need to made tens of millions back.. not the 100s of millions that others are banking on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that Morgan from The Mindy Project?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,897 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Opens tomorrow I'll have to wait till next week to go see it and that's if the cornavirus hasn't stopped cinemas from opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Now on sky movies!
    As well as the invisible man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,560 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

This sounds like a William Castle picture. All guff and gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gmisk wrote: »
    Now on sky movies!
    As well as the invisible man

Store or Premiere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Store or Premiere?
    Store sorry should have said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,043 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Watched it twice really enjoyed it Betty Gilpin was excellent as was the rest of the cast including Hillary Swank and a. Lot of great supporting actors like Ethan Suplee and Ike Barinholtz. Also Glad US iTunes offered this in 4K made it worth the $20 rental

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Cancelled firstly for shootings in America, and again because of a global pandemic.. bad times!

Shame this won't get seen by many cause it's a nice enjoyable romp, Betty Gilpin is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,043 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Cancelled firstly for shootings in America, and again because of a global pandemic.. bad times!

Shame this won't get seen by many cause it's a nice enjoyable romp, Betty Gilpin is great.

I think it will be seen by more then the cinema release, saw on the iTunes US charts it was doing well and with people self isolating I think the novelty of renting cinema releases and watching them at home will will help this, as will strong word of mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I didn’t see any trailers and knew absolutely about it.
    I absolutely ****ing loved it
    Completely sucked in from the start
    Really funny.
    I’d be careful who I’d recommend it too as it is extremely violent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭Homelander

Thought this was amazing, a total exploitation, b-movie camp-fest from start to finish. Actually a lot funnier than I expected, some real sharp witty dialogue in there. Betty Gilpin is really fantastic.

Maybe not the best movie I've seen in recent months, but definitely one of the most entertaining.

this was pretty decent.

the "we made it real 'cos you thought it was real" thing was a mildly clever comment on social media elite conspiracy theorists etc.

ending fight scene I didn't care for as much as the rest of the movie

Advertisement