Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLONMEL , Tuesday 24th

Options
  • 23-03-2020 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who E P O’Brien is ??? Three mounts tomorrow all seeing a few bob this evening

2.30 , 3.00 and 5.00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

Conspiracy theories aside , CUSHIONSTOWN FINEST for Colin Bowe in the 3.30 is getting a point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Bachasson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I had a waking dream this morning , it was tranquil and lucid. I was standing on the slopes of Slievenamon with Harry Findlay, we were shooting the breeze on a mild March afternoon and we looked over the horizon and down into Clonmel town. Harry looked at me and said " I cud facken murda a pint a cida now pal". We ran (holding hands) down the side of the mountain and stole a car and then suddenly we were eating hamburgers with Liz Doyle and Bishop Desmond TuTu and I looked out the window and saw 3 greyhounds looking inside panting. One of them was jet white and he started singing a Spice Girls song, I don't know which one. I walked (actually kind of floated )outside to pet the dogs but when I got there they had ballooned to the size of a house and all I could smell was dog breath and I could hear Mel C giggling. I woke up then.

I am still in genuine shock over Bishop TuTu, I mean that.

2.00 Rebel Gold
    2.30 Big Debates ( has PTP form behind Minello Indo)
    3.00 Matties Mountain
    3.30 No idea
    4.00 No bet but Bachasson's ( or Townend's:P)race to lose.
    4.30 Highest Benefit
    5.00 Stand Off, Fenton has had 2 winners and 2 places from his last 6 runs.

In the chases make sure you back a horse that is a great jumper at speed. The last two fences in Clonmel are no joke they are about 100 yards apart and any horses trying needs to ping both or they will lose the race. Especially the last, you land into the a small uphill slope, if you do not hit that running it could cost you 3 - 4 lengths in 50 yards, easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

What happens when one horse is void in a trixie?

Had 14.30 elusive at 5 to 1, 15.00 matties at 6.to 1 and 16.30 krisquin at 5 to 1. A 4 euro trixie.

Krisquin now void.

The other two looking strong.

If they place or win, what of the trixie now, as there's only the two of them?

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a theoretical conversation of what could have been!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

The bumper could prove to be a decent little race to follow. An expensive one of de Bromhead’s is in it, whatever he does today further down the line is where he could be interesting. De Bromhead has a poor enough record in bumpers but it will be interesting to see how his one shapes.

The whole county will be watching Tony Mullins’ horse but interesting to see there’s no money for it at all. I know Tony was bigging it up all last month to whoever would listen but I’m wondering if today is the day at all and are they targeting Fairyhouse or Punchestown? Although with what’s going on today might have to be the day.

Gordon’s horse finished behind a winner of a subsequent winner of maiden hurdle and then finished third, not beaten far, behind Ferny Hollow and one of Barry Connell’s that went on to win a bumper in Limerick.

Could be the most interesting race of the day.

• Advertisement

Motivator wrote: »
    The whole county will be watching Tony Mullins’ horse but interesting to see there’s no money for it at all. I know Tony was bigging it up all last month to whoever would listen but I’m wondering if today is the day at all and are they targeting Fairyhouse or Punchestown? Although with what’s going on today might have to be the day. .

He told everyone in the Goat it was running last week at Navan and then he never declared it. It looked like he was steaming on Gin and Tonics, truth juice.

I would say the owners are fuming. 3/1 on the exchanges, I don't know where the 5/4 is coming from.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/clonmel/17:00/winner

It is a competitive enough bumper. Even if big Tony fancies it, is it still going to win?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    He told everyone in the Goat it was running last week at Navan and then he never declared it. It looked like he was steaming on Gin and Tonics, truth juice.

I would say the owners are fuming. 3/1 on the exchanges, I don't know where the 5/4 is coming from.

It is a competitive enough bumper. Even if big Tony fancies it, is it still going to win?

It was 5/4 last night I think but I can’t see the price history on my phone. Tony has only had 4 bumper winners in the last 5 years and I do remember a lot of confidence around one of them, because I backed it! I would have thought with the amount of trackers and notebooks this horse went in to last month that it would absolutely steamrolled in the betting but not so far.

For what it’s worth, I think something would have to be very good to beat Gordon’s horse. Form is very strong and while it looks like a good race, he should win. Although we know nothing about Mullins’ horse only what he said.

It was 5/4 last night I think but I can’t see the price history on my phone. Tony has only had 4 bumper winners in the last 5 years and I do remember a lot of confidence around one of them, because I backed it! I would have thought with the amount of trackers and notebooks this horse went in to last month that it would absolutely steamrolled in the betting but not so far.

For what it’s worth, I think something would have to be very good to beat Gordon’s horse. Form is very strong and while it looks like a good race, he should win. Although we know nothing about Mullins’ horse only what he said.

I agree, there is no great punt to be landed either at 5/2 never mind 5/4.

It should be trying at least.. you would hope so after he blew his mouth about it 3 weeks ago.

I am backing Fenton's, he won't be pulling anything to suit another yard, you would think.

I am backing Fenton's, he won't be pulling anything to suit another yard, you would think.

No, he only pulls strokes to suit himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Does look like it could be a decent bumper alright. De Rasher Counter won this race back in 2017. Money continues to come for Stand Off in it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Standoff is thought to be useful and was a much bigger price last night but still worth a bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Gordon’s horse finished behind a winner of a subsequent winner of maiden hurdle and then finished third, not beaten far, behind Ferny Hollow and one of Barry Connell’s that went on to win a bumper in Limerick.

That horse is owned and trained by Timmy Hyde nothing to do with Barry Connell. Similar colours in fairness. Nice horse too.

Could be a decent race to follow alright. Hard to have a bet in it.

I think id rather punt a Denis Hogan horse in a claimer than back something trained by Philip Fenton.

I had another look at the bumper just there, it is right clusterphuck altogether.

A lot of the runners have bits and pieces of form. There is certainly no way Kilcruit is a sure thing.

I though Cromwell's horse looked over priced. He is getting winners too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

CLONMEL 14:30
    16. Shes All Vintage
    9/2

CLONMEL 15:00
    15. Charlotte Wells
    16/1

CLONMEL 15:30
    9. Cushinstown Finest
    15/2

CLONMEL 16:30
    1. Ask Heather
    15/2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭chooseusername

What happens when one horse is void in a trixie?

Had 14.30 elusive at 5 to 1, 15.00 matties at 6.to 1 and 16.30 krisquin at 5 to 1. A 4 euro trixie.

Krisquin now void.

The other two looking strong.

If they place or win, what of the trixie now, as there's only the two of them?

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a theoretical conversation of what could have been!
    You have a single stake unit on each of elusive and matties
    and a two stake units double on them.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

No world beater but De Bennette looks fair enough at 10 times the price of Matties Mountain today considering he beat him 9L over CD two starts back and should have a chance at the weights again today .
    Mattie does get the assistance of Kevin Brouder today though tbf

The other bet today , Cushinstown Finest , solid in the market this morning 16s into 8/1 , fingers crossed for a decent run to boost the kitty for Dundalk ... unless Leo pulls the plug on us

Surprised coolagh park isn't favourite in the first @ 7/2 woth a shot

Surprised coolagh park isn't favourite in the first @ 7/2 woth a shot

well blatant non trier ,keith donoghue could not even be bothered to put up the right weight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I had a waking dream this morning , it was tranquil and lucid. I was standing on the slopes of Slievenamon with Harry Findlay, we were shooting the breeze on a mild March afternoon and we looked over the horizon and down into Clonmel town. Harry looked at me and said " I cud facken murda a pint a cida now pal". We ran (holding hands) down the side of the mountain and stole a car and then suddenly we were eating hamburgers with Liz Doyle and Bishop Desmond TuTu and I looked out the window and saw 3 greyhounds looking inside panting. One of them was jet white and he started singing a Spice Girls song, I don't know which one. I walked (actually kind of floated )outside to pet the dogs but when I got there they had ballooned to the size of a house and all I could smell was dog breath and I could hear Mel C giggling. I woke up then.

I am still in genuine shock over Bishop TuTu, I mean that.

2.00 Rebel Gold
    2.30 Big Debates ( has PTP form behind Minello Indo)
    3.00 Matties Mountain
    3.30 No idea
    4.00 No bet but Bachasson's ( or Townend's:P)race to lose.
    4.30 Highest Benefit
    5.00 Stand Off, Fenton has had 2 winners and 2 places from his last 6 runs.

In the chases make sure you back a horse that is a great jumper at speed. The last two fences in Clonmel are no joke they are about 100 yards apart and any horses trying needs to ping both or they will lose the race. Especially the last, you land into the a small uphill slope, if you do not hit that running it could cost you 3 - 4 lengths in 50 yards, easy.

Have you a temperature lad

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

cosa ban drifted from 4.8 to 8 on the machine before the off and wins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Gone ew on Sargent Lightfoot in the 3pm at 8s

matties mountain the horse i backed unseated brouder on the flat.

And the racing is done. The bumper is the get out stakes for the next month at least :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Stand Off for me in the 5pm. Last bet for a while it looks like.

frontal assault being steamed into

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

It is not nice to have no racing but the shut down is best for the country and possibly also for the reputation of horse racing.
    I'm having a bet in the 17:00 for no reason other than it is a race with horses. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alarmcode

Paddy rides his uncles horse. His dads horse wins. Punters have no hope at times.

Ah Tony.... what a bummer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

alarmcode wrote: »
    Paddy rides his uncles horse. His dads horse wins. Punters have no hope at times.

It's all a fix,gangsters etc.:pac::rolleyes:

Advertisement