Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thurles 20/03/2020

• 20-03-2020 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Absolute minefield

Our Majella @14/1
    Sat - 2:40

Dallas Des Pictons @15/2
    Sat - 3:10

At Your Ease @12/1
    Sat - 3:40

Salty Boy @9/2
    Sat - 4:10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Spent 10 minutes looking at the card and went for value for the daydream fuel:

140pm Blanketontheground 33/1 [now 50/1], fairly consistent dunno why it's so big.

210pm Moyhenna 13/2 [now 6/1] great form last year, hope he can recapture it, price seems generous if so.

240pm Johnny little legs 11/4 [now 5/2] good performance LTO, my "banker" of the bet.

310pm Cutthemustard 8/1, hopefully can reverse form with fav at a decent price for a Mullins/Townend horse

340pm Kavanagh's Corner 13/2 [now 7/1] consistent sort

410pm Thermistocoles 7/1 [now 10/1] Joseph horse drifting like a barge, 3rd LTO

€0.10c e/w Heinz as I could do with the €108k right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Really hope the arturian fame wins for the owners. Fantastic bunch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I would thread cautiously enough before backing him. It looks competitive.

It is it's 4th run in a maiden hurdle and the last run looked too bad to be true. My biggest worry would be that given the enthusiasm the syndicate have for backing the horse it has a big enough price this morning. They could be targeting a spring or summer handicap at this stage.

Faikera, Nero Rock, Ran Rite, Ruinous, Politess and at a stretch Blanketontheground, neither of these would surprise me if they got involved.

All things considered you could find a better 6/1 shot around. Just my 10 cents. I didn't go to rock and I don't know any of the syndicate so I don't know anything about the horse, but on paper I don't see the value.

I would lay the favourite all things considered.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/thurles/13:40/winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,783 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

'wan Percy.' wan the Flame.

Just checked the telly.

Racing is live on ITV4.. class .

ITV4 , live from Thurles. do you reckon Chamberlain stayed in Hayes's last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Just checked the telly.

Racing is live on ITV4.. class .

ITV4 , live from Thurles. do you reckon Chamberlain stayed in Hayes's last night?

Virgin Media 2 showing it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm watching the racing from Thur-less

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

This is a lottery. Hounds the lot of them.

Form and all out the fuinneog.

Social distancing my a**e.

I’m a racing fan, but really, this has to end. Now. There’s absolutely NO justification in continuing racing.

I’m a racing fan, but really, this has to end. Now. There’s absolutely NO justification in continuing racing.

Give them a ring there and see what they say.

Or write them a letter maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Goodnightgodbless a nice handicap debut, keep an eye on her.

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Backed Thermistocles last time out. Was on Myth Buster today. You know the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

when that wins ya may give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

Absolute minefield

Our Majella @14/1
    Sat - 2:40

Dallas Des Pictons @15/2
    Sat - 3:10

At Your Ease @12/1
    Sat - 3:40

Salty Boy @9/2
    Sat - 4:10

3rd
    fell
    fell
    3rd

not bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

tinpib wrote: »
    Spent 10 minutes looking at the card and went for value for the daydream fuel:

140pm Blanketontheground 33/1 [now 50/1], fairly consistent dunno why it's so big.

210pm Moyhenna 13/2 [now 6/1] great form last year, hope he can recapture it, price seems generous if so.

240pm Johnny little legs 11/4 [now 5/2] good performance LTO, my "banker" of the bet.

310pm Cutthemustard 8/1, hopefully can reverse form with fav at a decent price for a Mullins/Townend horse

340pm Kavanagh's Corner 13/2 [now 7/1] consistent sort

410pm Thermistocoles 7/1 [now 10/1] Joseph horse drifting like a barge, 3rd LTO

€0.10c e/w Heinz as I could do with the €108k right now.

Blanketontheground - was v well backed into about 7 or 8/1, ran about 6 wide the whole way round which ruined its chance.

Moyhenna - faded to finish 4th like a good e/w bet

Johnny little legs - poor

Cutthemustard - nailed on 2nd at least b4 falling at last

Kavanagh's Corner - started way out the back, sliced through the field and then just didn't have any extra when required at the end

Thermistocoles- was 12/1 last time I checked, didnt even watch the race as bet was dead. Wins at 9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

This reeks of sarcasm, I hope I’m right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

12,000 posts and your first in horse racing forum is to fling mud? I believe your a horse racing fan..... my bollocks. Your just another outrage enthusiast. Jog on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »
    12,000 posts and your first in horse racing forum is to fling mud? I believe your a horse racing fan..... my bollocks. Your just another outrage enthusiast. Jog on

Look at the posting history of this wan. Persistent and constant moaner/complainer. Awful life I'd say, with little joy in it. Hopefully they pull through.

Motivator wrote: »

Correct.

Motivator wrote: »

Correct.

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »

I think you misunderstood my post. I understand the importance of getting a horse race fit and it needing to race when fit.

However, watching the racing from Thurles, I could see a few groups of 2 or 3 people standing together. Ignoring social distancing. There was outrage after groups of people were out and about on beaches, etc on Sunday. What’s more important? Lives or sport?

I think you misunderstood my post. I understand the importance of getting a horse race fit and it needing to race when fit.

However, watching the racing from Thurles, I could see a few groups of 2 or 3 people standing together. Ignoring social distancing. There was outrage after groups of people were out and about on beaches, etc on Sunday. What’s more important? Lives or sport?

Sport, especially racing, get a grip.

I respect that you are probably concerned over the virus. It is understandable. But posting self righteous conceited high moral ground tripe on this forum will not wash, at all. 3 people standing in the middle of Tipperary having a chat at a racetrack does not a global pandemic make, you know this is true?

Maybe you do care about the industry, maybe you don't. What are you hoping to achieve posting here? I posted earlier, if you have an issue take it up with the HRI.

Otherwise kindly etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

To be honest, if your understanding of all of this is thinking that it boils down to needing a horse to race because they’re fit then you’re wrong.

Bills need to be paid, staff need to be paid and yards need to keep their head above water. There are so many yards barely treading water as it is you wouldn’t believe it. The industry is on its knees and calling a halt altogether would be catastrophic. Absolutely all precautionary measures are being taken. Jockeys aren’t even going in to the weighing room they’re sitting in their cars between races.

Those “groups” of 2 or 3 people standing around chatting i can’t comment on because I didn’t see them but what I did see is an industry that’s doing its utmost to get on with a very difficult situation. The world can’t simply stop because of this virus, yes it’s deeply concerning but so is the thought of an industry that directly employs 30,000 people in this country simply shutting down meaning a large percentage of that 30,000 won’t return. That’s the reality. Holding racing at this time is safe, it’s the right decision and nobody will convince me otherwise.

Advertisement