Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DGW29 Matchday Thread

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Super Todd to the rescue with his usual 1 pointer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »
    Guess being the operative word.

I'm aware this game is a certain percentage luck, but the end of the season is set to put that percentage way up.

We've already seen Auba captainers and TCers screwed this week. Most of them would've captained Salah or Mane this week I'd guess if they had an inkling this game would be postponed.

Nevermind chips being used, for good reason, at earlier points of this year, now becoming less and less of a good move, purely because of postponements, not because of any madly better move by those who held off.

Having both your WC and FH intact at this stage is potentially more valuable than ever with all the match changes and uncertainty. If those who'd used them had been clairvoyant and known about this potential level of fixture pileup, would they have held off? Yes, we all have to navigate the rest of the season, but luck is becoming a bigger factor with each moved match.

I could benefit, I might not. But its resembling pot luck.
    Absolutely 100%
    Guy in second had auba C and kdb VC. Weak bench. Pure sickener.
    H2H opponent loaded up on ars and city players AND tc Auba
    Went my way this week but next week who knows?

Very nervous now about not having WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

65 -4 with auba tc not bad considering

wasn't expecting anymore than 2 v city anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Down from 840 to 1,730 :-(

Still leading my MLs but 20+ points lost to lads who didn't plan for DGW. Even appearance points tonight would have made a difference to my GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Up to 48k. I'm only ever slightly above average or slightly below average, it's enough to keep me ticking over.

About 50 outside top 10k which is my goal (and to get out of the damn FSA qualifying league)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

siblers wrote: »
    Up to 48k. I'm only ever slightly above average or slightly below average, it's enough to keep me ticking over.

About 50 outside top 10k which is my goal (and to get out of the damn FSA qualifying league)
    I didn't even get out of the Qualifying League with a Top 6k finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

56 points and down 1.2k to 14k.

The no-show from KDB yielded Stephens' 2 points off the bench but many others would have had more in the way of autosub points which gave me the red arrow.

Shoutout to Jordan Ayew who has returned 18 points for me over the last three gameweeks for a 5m outlay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Cartman78

69 sees a rise of 30K up to a season high of 76K.

Only had Aubameyang and KDB from the DGW so didn't get as badly burned as others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Awful awful week

43 all out, captain Auba and KDB no show really hurt.

Down from 1.4k to 3.2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Lord Lundstram steps in for KDB to bring me to 63, really turned around as I only had 25 points on Sunday night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

AdMMM wrote: »
    I didn't even get out of the Qualifying League with a Top 6k finish!

The standard here is insane. Amount of people here in the top 1k is nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Finished on 43. Dropped about 16k places to just inside the top 40k. Big red arrows in all my leagues too.

2 FTs for next week at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    The joke of it all is olympiakos game vs wolves goes ahead
    Too much money in soccer .........

Rest of season is an absolute lottery
    Glad I played bench boost already

However not having a WC might be a problem
    I have planned my transfers out based on current fixture runs
    If blocks of games are moved to end of season everything changes
    Teams out of form again. Nothing to play for . It could even go on into the next transfer window .....

Some task with Euro 2020 appearing on the horizon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Used my TC on PEA. Easily the worst season of FPL I have ever seen. I’m going to delete my team.

Account deleted. Don’t know what will happen to Board Free to Play league now as I set it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Account deleted. Don’t know what will happen to Board Free to Play league now as I set it up.

Fcuk man. Literally tagged your previous post to reply to 3 mins ago as I catch up with the thread to tell you to hang in there!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

61 (-4)
    Autosubs (10pts) reduce my red arrow. 11k OR

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sooooooooooooooo I'm guessing that anyone who had used the TC on PEA this week won't get the benefit of that when (if :eek:) the City vs Arsenal match happens?

Asking for me, not a friend....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ended up on 53 points. No KDB means only Dendoncker's 3 points come in. Signing Auba proved a waste. Red arrow down to 150k but relieved I did a late switch on the captaincy to Salah.

Not sure how this virus is going to play into my plans. I've kept my FH, wildcard and bench boost, but it's hard to formulate a strategy when you don't know if a game is even going to go ahead or not. I suspect there could be an awful lot of last minute postponements which will scupper many teams' hopes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

65(0) for the week. 213k to 173k. I'll take that.

Looking like those casuals who played all their chips in the first half of the season are going to benefit hugely from this fcuking virus. Such a minefield now trying to plan ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

68 no hits. Forgot about the DGW so no DGW players at all. Happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Finished on 62 no hits. Small gains in a most leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Rael

76 with no hits and no DGL players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sooooooooooooooo I'm guessing that anyone who had used the TC on PEA this week won't get the benefit of that when (if :eek:) the City vs Arsenal match happens?

Should petition FPL to allow it! With the way things are going it might never happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,544 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    Should petition FPL to allow it! With the way things are going it might never happen!

Haha I suspect it will only be a minority in favour :)

I want my Mane triple captain back too! The week where he got injured after a few mins and got 1 point between the 2 games so a total of 3.

Just sat there shaking my head for about 5 hours.

Advertisement