Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bosch Washing Machine

• 07-03-2020 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi I have a Bosch washing machine,3 years old not draining.
    E18 is the error code.
    Cleaned the outlet with very little I the there.
    No blockage in the hose.
    I removed the pump to put power to it and ran it for 10 or 20 seconds so no problem there.
    What am I missing, is there something stopping the pump being energised.

Any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Sorry I know nothing about washing machines but is this any use to you?

http://www.e18error.com/bosche18.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

It could also be a problem with the water level sensor on the machine. It would be an air pressure switch. You’ll see a narrow rubber tube running up to a sensor somewhere. Just make sure that’s correctly attached and isn’t blocked. They’re normally extremely reliable, but can rarely block up. Although, usually that would result in the pump running constantly as the machine would think its full. However, with electronic controls the computer may just declare it an error and stop the system entirely.

Beyond that, it could be a fault with the machine’s control system which would be very hard to diagnose without a Bosch service technicians kit and laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Markcheese

What's the warranty on washing machines ??
    I think you'd have a reasonable expectation for it to last more than 3 years ... ( Sale of goods act ???)

Could it be a kink in the drain pipe ? Hard to see when the machine is pushed back in ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

If it were a kink in the pipe the pump would still run for a few mins, then the machine would declare an error as the water hasn’t drained within a certain time limit.

If it’s now powering up the pump at all, there’s something else going on.

Most of those machines have fairly sophisticated electronics on board and more sensors than they would have had 20+ years ago. So you might need a service call from a Bosch tech.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is there the possibility of a blockage like a coin or one of those catch-all things stuck in the pipe between the drum and pump? I've witnessed it before on a different brand machine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement