Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

False Safeguarding Report

Options
  • 16-02-2020 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

A spiteful family member has submitted a false report to their doctor about me and the doctor has made a safeguarding request upon me. I found this out by noticing strange things being asked of me and strange attitudes towards me out of nowhere. What do I do about this. I mean I can prove the allegations are false. The problem is though it has greatly affected my interactions with my own medical team in the HSE which was the plan of this person. Their explanation for why they made this false allegation is that they were depressed and it just happened. The explanation is a lie they seen me doing really well for the first time in my life and aimed to destroy that and they have succeeded in their mission as it has totally changed very beneficial relationships with clinicians which rely greatly on trust. At the time before I knew what happened this person said to me they can say anything as they are a woman and will be believed, I just brushed it off as usual threats I was hearing. But I was getting so far out of her orbit with the help of my medical team that is was angering her as I was out of the house much more and very much more independent. She had made many threats to sabotage my treatment but they always seemed like bluster.

She is of course now all apologetic and the falseness shines through 'I wish I could change what I did but I can't go back', 'what's done is done', 'Lets not go back' and 'No major harm has happened over what I did' and so on.

She has told me many times she would go to her doctor and tell him the truth that she made it up. She has still not done this and never will as she has a private and public persona and her inside persona is so much different to her outside persona. Also she is avoiding the doctor completely, no matter what problem she has she won't go to the doctor as she knows I will ask her if she has righted the wrong. I also have gathered much proof to protect myself from her going forward. But it has wrecked valuable clinical relationships and drawn me way back in to her orbit as she knows how easy it is to damage my life. The less I leave the house the nicer she is to me. So sometimes I just avoid leaving the house to make sure live is quiet.

I was improving my life greatly the last few years, I've had quite a unhappy childhood and there are a lot of issues there but I was doing great work to get over them and make my life better and for the first time in my life I felt like I had a future. And with one lie she stole all that away from me. These clinical relationships require trust and that is gone. I trusted them with many of my most painful memories and they were supposed to be helping me and when they got the safeguarding claim they behaved totally different towards me. That is totally unprofessional on their part but people are people and that is what happened.

It hurts me so much that I shared my private thoughts and the hurt I encountered as a child with these people and all it took was one false complaint and they completely changed. And even after I confronted them about it and proved to them it wasn't true the relationships were never the same again

I am very depressed over this whole situation. I don't know where to turn too. The worst thing as a result of what she has done is it's totally stolen my trust. I know I won't be able to trust anyone going forward and that is crushing me. I am very very low. It's not a easy situation either there are many complications in my life that prevent me from leaving. I feel so lost and I feel so low. I ring Samaritans some nights just to get through. There has been times were I have been on the phone with the Samaritans where she is in the background mocking me and laughing at me while I am breaking down on the phone to. I'm so stuck. I don't know what to do.

I don't even know why I am writing this here I just don't know what to do anymore. My brain is very tired from it all.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Mod Note
    I have great sympathy but this is just not the place for this.
    Rob

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement