Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any traditional instrument aficionados present ?

Options
  • 28-12-2019 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

I have 2 old instruments that were passed down to me.
    One is a mondolin seems low quality about 60 years old (needs neck reset I doubt its worth repairing)
    Other is a tenor banjo short neck over 100 years old im told and is of much higher quality (needs minor repair and a fret)
    Photos to follow and advice on them ie: how to date them and find the brand etc etc very appreciated.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Visconti

Visconti wrote: »
    I have 2 old instruments that were passed down to me.
    One is a mondolin seems low quality about 60 years old (needs neck reset I doubt its worth repairing)
    Other is a tenor banjo short neck over 100 years old im told and is of much higher quality (needs minor repair and a fret)
    Photos to follow and advice on them ie: how to date them and find the brand etc etc very appreciated.
    TIA

Photos linked hopefully

Advertisement