Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 16 | The Storm [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 31-03-2019 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

:: SEASON FINALE ::

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 16 - "The Storm"

Airdate - March 31st on AMC at 9/8c | April 1st on FOX UK at 9PM

Communities brave a ferocious blizzard that forces the groups to make life or death decisions.
    In the aftermath of an overwhelming loss, the communities must brave a ferocious blizzard. As one group deals with an enemy from within, another is forced to make a life-or-death decision.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 35 votes

0%
    2%
    Mongoose_Bike 1 vote
    2%
    royster999 1 vote
    8%
    YakuzaArmaniJeanssgreenwaving 3 votes
    31%
    geeceeNUTZZwillowthewispcharlietheminxxParkman778mvbrianregan09Alfred BordenMike Tobacco[Deleted User]Ll31 11 votes
    20%
    Irishcrxpeterobrien100Sudden Valleyfoozzybear61CiaranWforumuserclunky 7 votes
    8%
    AxwellMac Bnannerby 3 votes
    5%
    big sykefritzelly 2 votes
    8%
    AlicanoJuwwiGwynplaine 3 votes
    11%
    ct5amr2ig1nfhpTerrorFirmerFreudianSlippersMockba 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Feels odd finishing a season and not feeling utterly ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Feels odd finishing a season and not feeling utterly ripped off

It was a decent finish to the season and sets things up nicely for the future....
    Make sure and watch (and listen) to the very end. I won't say anymore as many here won't be watching until tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I've watched more exciting paint dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Apart from Negan that finale did nothing really for me.

Anyway onwards to s10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Seemed more like a filler episode than a finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I see its back to people walking from place to place. I couldn't make out what was said at the end, anyone get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how long between this ep and the last one?

how long between this ep and the last one?
    Few days / a week maybe max from what I can tell. Not a big jump at all, but I think it relies a bit on you remembering that the pipes in Kingdom are banjaxed (not sure how burst pipes
    starts a fire though
    :confused: )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Few days / a week maybe max from what I can tell. Not a big jump at all, but I think it relies a bit on you remembering that the pipes in Kingdom are banjaxed (not sure how burst pipes
    starts a fire though
    :confused: )

From the spoilers, I think we get to see Rosita with a noticeable baby bump in this episode, so it may be more like a couple of months of a jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I really enjoyed that episode nice to see that there actually is winter in the walking dead universe

some of the very earliest comic arcs had them dealing with the cold and they were great issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

it was okay. i didnt feel anyone was in danger given what happened in the previous episode. Overall a good season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Only The Walking Dead could go from a 10/10 episode to an utterly dismal 0/10 episode. Absolute crap, boring, meaningless filler. Would've been better off having the previous episode as a finale.

Overall, an improved season, but that finale was up there was with the worst of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Anyone catch what was said at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Quite a low-key finale. I never thought at any stage that the groups were going to lose anybody. I never felt like there was any genuine peril. Sad to see the Kingdom fall though. I am glad that they've amalgamated the Kingdom and Hilltop, and that Carol is back at Alexandria to tie the communities together.

I did like where this season went in general though and I'm looking forward to S10.

The snow also didn't look that real. Too fluffy. Yes I'm pedantic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I couldn't make out what was said at the end, anyone get that?
    Collie D wrote: »
    Anyone catch what was said at the end?
    Woman: Hello? Hello? Calling out live on the open air. Is anybody out there?

Real edge of your seat stuff.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The edge of my seat got a good rest this week. I've seen the wanna dies before.

They were walking from the kingdom to hilltop. Hilltop also seemed abandoned. Did I forget something?

On the radio. Maybe Maggie? Rick would be too cheesy.

Alpha's been naughty and needs punishment. I wonder where she went in her time away?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

The progressive dead as it has become has had some alright episodes this season but this one was slow and boring and certainly not fit for a season final.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

MarkR wrote: »
    The edge of my seat got a good rest this week. I've seen the wanna dies before.

They were walking from the kingdom to hilltop. Hilltop also seemed abandoned. Did I forget something?

I'm wondering that as well, it was said it's been a few months (since the last episode). Have they all hunkered down in one place for better survival? I'm confused

Apart from that a boring episode, had to double check it was a season finale - only highlight was the snow zombies and thats not saying much

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I thought it was a good episode, decent acting, good characterisation. Possibly one of the best episodes in a few seasons. Nice to have a quiet episode that is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was that Maggie's voice on the radio?

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »

It's certainly hinted at, but in typically lazy writing fashion, it's unclear enough that noone will know till next season.

I am going to go against everyone on social media and say no, no its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Might be following the comic storyline again so.

Haven't read the comics in along time so must catch up but they keep far enough away from the last time I read one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Why were some walkers frozen yet others were quite mobile to say the least?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Almost certainly not, which is why they say earlier in the episode that
    they reached out to her about Tara dying and she didn't come back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

How come there was no snow in the whisper's camp? Do they not think that the whispers will see the decapitated zombies on their land and follow the trail?

Del2005 wrote: »
    How come there was no snow in the whisper's camp? Do they not think that the whispers will see the decapitated zombies on their land and follow the trail?

I presume this is why Alpha is talking about getting sh1t together and not being so soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

It feels like the end of an RPG game and you just want to kill everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Liamalone wrote: »
    Why were some walkers frozen yet others were quite mobile to say the least?

The frozen solid ones seemed to have been upright and more exposed to the blasting chill factor of the blizzard’s storm winds.
    The more mobile ones were either prostrate on the ground or had just risen from such a position. The ones beneath the snow drifts, for example, were shielded from the wind and very mobile, while the walker to whom Lydia offered her arm was half immersed in a mire, reducing its height and exposure, thus leaving it in a midway state where its jaws were still snapping.
    If you ever get the chance, stand for a moment before the cooling fan of a walk in refrigerator, like supermarkets use for storing large amounts of frozen goods in their warehouse, and you will see what a difference such an exposed position makes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Del2005 wrote: »

The scene with Alpha and Beta (and onwards including the radio scene) seems to depict events that occurred perhaps months after the storm and following the Whisperers return and probable discovery of the trespass by the headless walker remains.
    Whisperers had migrated elsewhere for the winter and were not there (i.e. Washington/Virginia/Maryland area where the good guy communities are based) at all during the storm, as their nomadic camping lifestyle would not have been survivable in such conditions as the storm.
    The disguised Alpha’s comment to Ezekiel in the previous episode that she expected a particularly hard winter is relevant as more than just a double entendre about what was about to befall those on the spikes.
    Whisperers live in a very animalistic way, a vicious “alpha” leader who can’t show weakness, the weak (screaming baby) left behind to fend for themselves if they threaten the group’s existence or security, a symbiosis of sorts with herds of walkers, etc., etc.
    Animals in the wild are also very aware of and affected by weather, migratory birds, hibernation, breeding seasons etc. This it seems also holds true for the way the Whisperers behave.

Advertisement