Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rocco wet food

• 01-08-2018 9:57pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi guys ,

Anybody used this food before ? I feed raw at the moment , and just had a look at this and it could be a lot hander as I DIY my raw food , so after I buy the food , oats , bags , tolls to get the food it's ruffle a 65eur bill for my shepherd a month ( he also gets sardines eggs etc). Would try this if it's good quality as I see they do 800g tins. Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Yep, I part-feed Rocco to my GSDs, along with raw meat.
    One of them has a sensitive tummy, even grain-free dry food doesn't entirely suit her, but raw and Rocco is suiting her very well long-term now.
    There's a great range of foods with it, and it's pretty good value. And it's handy... Other than cleaning the damn tins for recycling!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

DBB wrote: »
    Yep, I part-feed Rocco to my GSDs, along with raw meat.
    One of them has a sensitive tummy, even grain-free dry food doesn't entirely suit her, but raw and Rocco is suiting her very well long-term now.
    There's a great range of foods with it, and it's pretty good value. And it's handy... Other than cleaning the damn tins for recycling!

I was hoping you would post DBB, my shepherd is 35kg , in terms of the tins would he need more then the 800g? I can get the 24 cans for 37 euro ( it makes it much more affordable), with all the other bits and bobs he gets I could make it work and it would be handier aswell for when I'm away etc !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hmmm... It depends hugely on the dog... My younger lass is a slim 37kg, generally chilled out but when she's on the go, she's very active... She's maintaining her weight on somewhere between 900g to 1kg of Rocco/Raw mix per day, roughly at a 50:50 mix... ish.
    The older lady is a 42kg slob who's inclined to put on weight. She's holding steady at 750-800g a day. So, she's on less food despite being a bigger dog.
    So... It's a case of give it a go i think. The 800g tin daily may be just about enough.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

Ye I suppose I'll pick up a few tins and see how we go , he gets ruffle 900g of food at the moment that's a bag of oats , offal and a mix of duck/chicken , I mix about 30kg of everything and separate it into bags takes about 1hr 30min (and then the cleaning ha) so that's why I need something a tad easier ! I could bulk the tins up with scraps from the butchers also , I think it's worth a shot ! Thanks for the input !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I feed it to my 16 month old Doberman, along with acana dry food. Did a bit of research before deciding on it and we’ve never looked back, he loves it! He doesn’t get a whole lot of it but it’s good to know that the wet food he is getting is of a high quality. The tins are a bugger to clean though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Finally received my x24 800g tins of Rocco today. When it originally shipped with DHL the label was missing my house number and street so an post returned it. It did have my eircode but I guess an post dont use this. Zooplus resent the order with DPD which worked out fine.

Just reading the back of the tin it states depending on activity level and breed that you should allow 400g per 10kg of dog weight. Its a while since I had my GSD weighed but im guessing he is near 40kg. It doesnt seem that nutritious compared raw chubs per gram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I would use 400g for an adult Border Terrier & they weigh less then 10kg. I find it great when we go camping etc. They love it & it is decent quality

Anybody else receive an email from DPD regarding package weight and dimensions?

Basically no individual item should weigh more than 20kg and the package should not exceed 40cmx40cmx60cm.

I normally order the 24x 800g tins so that would put me over the 20kg limit. So im wondering if we all got this email or am I been targeted due to past deliveries?

On a side note the cardboard box that the tins arrive in from zooplus is inadequate. I happened to open the front door as the dpd van pulled up. The second he lifted the box out of the van the box split and all the tins fell to the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Anybody else receive an email from DPD regarding package weight and dimensions?

Basically no individual item should weigh more than 20kg and the package should not exceed 40cmx40cmx60cm.

I normally order the 24x 800g tins so that would put me over the 20kg limit. So im wondering if we all got this email or am I been targeted due to past deliveries?

On a side note the cardboard box that the tins arrive in from zooplus is inadequate. I happened to open the front door as the dpd van pulled up. The second he lifted the box out of the van the box split and all the tins fell to the floor.

Do you have a Parcel Wizard account? I got the same mail the other day just after I'd gotten 48 cans of food from zooplus :o and was worried for a min until I realised it was from Parcel Wizard about their own restrictions so nothing to worry about. Zooplus will split the parcels on their end once they go over 31kgs anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

No I never got an email & sometimes my packages would be 30kg.

• Advertisement

Should be ok so. Yeah I have a parcel wizard account. Thanks all

Advertisement