Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Remembrance Service Sunday June 23rd Dublin

Options
  • 15-06-2019 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

I’ve no connection to this except I lost a pet too. I saw a news article and asked the mods if it was okay to share it here in case any Boardsies would like to go along.

‘The first ever pet remembrance service is to be held in Dublin this month on June 23rd.

People have been invited to submit pictures of their beloved pets who have passed away to be included in a memorial video

Bereaved animal lovers have been invited to submit pictures of their beloved pets who have passed away to be featured in a memorial video which will be shown on the day.

The service will take place in Dublin Unitarian Church at 3pm, and people can bring along a picture of their pet or their ashes to the service.

Special guests include TV celebrities Linda Martin and Pete the Vet who will be participating along with Independent TD Maureen O’Sullivan and journalists Andrea Smith and Niamh Walsh.

Long-standing animal rights activist Linda said: “Likeminded people can gather and share their grief over a much loved pet’s passing without feeling foolish.

“Sometimes these pets were their only companions.”

https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/family-kids-news/interdenominational-pet-rememberence-service-dublin-16417645

Advertisement