Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putter face question

Options
  • 14-06-2019 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭

For any equipment gurus...

I have an old Odyssey putter with the white hot insert. The insert is getting a bit worn and I've just noticed its almost beginning to peel a little, there are fibres sticking out from one spot that seems to be worn. I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether I'd be in danger of making the club non-conforming if I was to pull these fibres/threads away or file them down to smooth with sandpaper or something ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,204 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Russman wrote: »
    For any equipment gurus...

I have an old Odyssey putter with the white hot insert. The insert is getting a bit worn and I've just noticed its almost beginning to peel a little, there are fibres sticking out from one spot that seems to be worn. I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether I'd be in danger of making the club non-conforming if I was to pull these fibres/threads away or file them down to smooth with sandpaper or something ?

Thanks !
    You can get replacement inserts for these. They are carbon fibre afaik, hence the little threads showing.

These guys are in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Russman

prawnsambo wrote: »
    You can get replacement inserts for these. They are carbon fibre afaik, hence the little threads showing.

These guys are in the US.

Thanks for that !!

Advertisement