Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFP error in assessment?

Options
  • 17-06-2019 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I just got my letter today approving my application however the amount is a lot less than I thought would be awarded.
    Before I ring them and make a fool of myself...are maintenance payments now supposed to be assessed at 50% like other payments or is it the full maintenance payment that is counted as means?
    My full maintenance payment is counted in the means assessment. Can anyone who has been recently granted WFP tell me was your full maintenance counted or was it 50% of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I just got my letter today approving my application however the amount is a lot less than I thought would be awarded.
    Before I ring them and make a fool of myself...are maintenance payments now supposed to be assessed at 50% like other payments or is it the full maintenance payment that is counted as means?
    My full maintenance payment is counted in the means assessment. Can anyone who has been recently granted WFP tell me was your full maintenance counted or was it 50% of it?

From Citizensinformation website:

Getting maintenance

All income from maintenance is assessed in the means test for WFP. This includes maintenance for you and maintenance to you for any of your children. If you are getting maintenance from more than one person, all the payments are added together and the total is assessed as means.

Your housing costs (your rent or mortgage repayment) up to a maximum of €95.23 per week can be offset against maintenance payments. Half the balance is then assessed as means. You must provide proof of rent or mortgage payments. You cannot offset your housing costs against maintenance payments for WFP, if you have already done so in the means test for another social welfare payment.

Non-cash benefits are not assessed as means. For example, if your rent or mortgage payments are made by an ex-spouse or partner under a maintenance agreement it is not assessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Not So Wise One

Thanks for your reply, what if you are currently living at home with your parents ( landlord moved back into previous property so currently living at home) and have no formal lease or mortgage...is maintenance then assessed at 50% obviously with no disregard for rent etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Thanks for your reply, what if you are currently living at home with your parents ( landlord moved back into previous property so currently living at home) and have no formal lease or mortgage...is maintenance then assessed at 50% obviously with no disregard for rent etc?

If you have no evidence of rent or mortgage then the maintenance is assessed in its entirety.

Advertisement