Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay in applying for jobseekers benefit

Options
  • 11-06-2019 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I waited 2 weeks to contact the welfare office to apply for jobseekers benefit due to the fact that I was looking and applying for jobs in the hope I wouldn't have to do this.

On the form it asks the reasons for the delay applying... What is acceptable for this ?

Out of job for 2weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Emma_995

How long are you out of a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tubby2trim1982

2 weeks
    Emma_995 wrote: »
    How long are you out of a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

SW will back date a payment to when you first became unemployed only if you have a really good excuse for not signing in the meantime. Not bothering making a claim because you were looking for work doesn't count as a good enough excuse so your claim will only begin from when you attended the SW office.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I waited 2 weeks to contact the welfare office to apply for jobseekers benefit due to the fact that I was looking and applying for jobs in the hope I wouldn't have to do this.

On the form it asks the reasons for the delay applying... What is acceptable for this ?

Out of job for 2weeks

You should be fine. A few years ago I did the exact same thing for the exact same reason and they were OK.

Advertisement