Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How long does disability allowance usually take?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hawthorne

clancy2018 wrote: »
    I've sent off the application about a month ago and I'm just wondering how long does it normally take, I've heard varying times.

A year or more is not unusual.
    Most people seem to get rejected the first time. You have to appeal that decision and might get DA on the second try.
    Back pain and depression as reasons are rejected from the word go. It is the opinion of the SW officers that such problems are best cured through work.I saw it plastered all over the medical exam room every time I was called for a review.
    It also depends on whom you meet.Good luck anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

clancy2018 wrote: »
    I've sent off the application about a month ago and I'm just wondering how long does it normally take, I've heard varying times.

In reality anything from several months to over a year with refusals and appeals

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Someone I know applied early August, got the rejection letter two months later in early October. Then appealed it by mid October, and received the appeal decision in mid January. That time for the appeal included the Christmas period, so it could be quicker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

friend of mine sent in hes appeal in august and still has not received a decision and thats 34 weeks ago he sent in hes appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ExoPolitic

Currently the turn around time is 14 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

If they ask you for a p45 is that good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

If they ask you for a p45 is that good or bad?

It’s not an indicator.
    If you’ve said that your no longer working then you’ll have a P45 to prove that.
    Thing is there are no more P45s as we know them.
    You can print off what we have now from your Revenue.ie MyAccount.

Advertisement