Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Job Seekers following CE Scheme

• 22-08-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

this ones a bit complicated.

Was a participant on a community employment scheme for 3 months but due to work place bullying i finally resigned from my position. I have not had any communication or support from my supervisor since i finished and have not received my p45. After searching high and low for information i find no one can give me a direct answer. I was told by one official that i will be blocked from claiming for up to 9 wks then may be put on a reduced rate of payment. Another official told me to claim straight away and depending on who i saw on the day may be sympathetic to my situation and process my claim !!

Feeling very stressed and just want to put it all behind me and rebuild my confidence and I cannot do this if i have to go through the details again to provide a good enough reason to claim plus everyone can hear everyone else's situation and wouldn't feel safe having to divulge such sensitive information at a hatch. Person in question held in very high esteem in ce circles.

Question is has anyone ever voluntary left ce scheme and broken the years contract and if so what were the issues when informing the social welfare about the change in their circumstances. Was their claim processed ? What questions were asked ? What paper work if any do they need from my ce supervisor other than my p45 ?

Any information or advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bboru

I'm still on a scheme, but having similar problems to yours (bullying), I'm very well and able to stand up for myself but when the supervisor comes in ( once or twice a day for ten minutes ) he takes their side.

I've been bullied, harassed, assaulted even sexually assaulted ( Grabbing my ass ) , and i'm a bloke!
    When the super is away, their away or sitting around drinking tea and when the super is on the way ( I think he phones ahead ) they make themselves look busy.
    If I said something I don't think the supervisor would take it seriously or even care, stress levels are high and im asking myself is it worth the bother.

regarding your claim, its like if you left a full time job, sign on now but you wont get anything for 9 weeks.
    your p45 should be given upon leaving or soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭ebbsy

You d'ont get a P45 anymore.

Your scheme will inform revenue through their payroll.

sorry, Just realized the age of this post.

bboru wrote: »
    I'm still on a scheme, but having similar problems to yours (bullying), I'm very well and able to stand up for myself but when the supervisor comes in ( once or twice a day for ten minutes ) he takes their side.

I've been bullied, harassed, assaulted even sexually assaulted ( Grabbing my ass ) , and i'm a bloke!
    When the super is away, their away or sitting around drinking tea and when the super is on the way ( I think he phones ahead ) they make themselves look busy.
    If I said something I don't think the supervisor would take it seriously or even care, stress levels are high and im asking myself is it worth the bother.

regarding your claim, its like if you left a full time job, sign on now but you wont get anything for 9 weeks.
    your p45 should be given upon leaving or soon after.

3.2.23 Complaints Procedure
    Complaints related to employment matters should be addressed to the complainant’s Supervisor. If the complaint remains unresolved, it should be referred to the complainant’s employer, i.e. the Sponsor of the project.
    Complaints related to DEASP management of the programme or to decisions relating to eligibility should be referred to the DEASP Officer in the local Intreo Office with responsibility for the project. If the complaint remains unresolved it should then be referred to the Divisional DEASP Assistant Principal (DEASP Office contact details here).
    https://www.welfare.ie/en/downloads/Community_Employment_and_Job_Initiative/CE_Procedures_Manual.pdf

Thanks, but it would be my word against theirs, and the super would take their side!
    Rock and a hard place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Ive been on temporary release from my CE scheme to take up temporary employment..that was 7 months ago.but the temporary release is meant for 6 months, how strict are they about that?? Can I go back on the CE ?

Advertisement