Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Actors

Options
  • 17-09-2015 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,647 ✭✭✭✭

I'm starting this thread because the claim pops up enough.. and now there is this to wet the beaks of the pro-actor theorists

http://consumerist.com/2015/09/16/buffalo-wild-wings-may-cut-ties-with-league-star-who-lied-about-harrowing-911-experience/
    Another celebrity may be losing his job after admitting he included himself in a real-life tragedy that he had nothing to do with. This time, it’s Steve Rannazzisi — co-star of The League and recently hired TV pitchman for Buffalo Wild Wings — who revealed this morning that he’d lied about his account of being in the World Trade Center when it was struck by a terrorist-piloted plane.
    In 2009, and possibly before, the actor spun a tale of working for Merrill Lynch on the 54th floor of the Trade Center’s south tower when the first plane collided with the north tower.
    “I was there and then the first tower got hit and we were like jostled all over the place,” he said at the time, describing the hectic scene as he and others fled the building before the south tower was struck by a second jet.
    Rannazzisi said that the event was, as one would expect, a life-changing moment that helped put him on the path toward acting and comedy.
    But people recently began to question the veracity of his story and there were no records of the actor ever having been employed by Merrill Lynch.
    Today, Rannazzisi confessed (through a rep) to the NY Times, that “I was not at the Trade Center on that day… I don’t know why I said this. This was inexcusable. I am truly, truly sorry.”
    On Twitter, the actor added further apologies.
    t is to the victims of 9/11 and to the people that love them–and the people that love me–that I ask for forgiveness,” he added.
    But it may be too little, too late for Rannazzisi’s job as a hot wings shill.
    “We are disappointed to learn of Steve’s misrepresentations regarding the events of September 11, 2001,” a Buffalo Wild Wings rep tells AdWeek. “We are currently reevaluating our relationship with Steve pending a review of all the facts.”
    Seems like a bafflingly empty apology, "I don't know why I said this" ? PERHAPS it is because he was paid? :eek::confused: ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,406 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote: »
    I'm starting this thread because the claim pops up enough.. and now there is this to wet the beaks of the pro-actor theorists

http://consumerist.com/2015/09/16/buffalo-wild-wings-may-cut-ties-with-league-star-who-lied-about-harrowing-911-experience/

Seems like a bafflingly empty apology, "I don't know why I said this" ? PERHAPS it is because he was paid? :eek::confused: ?

Or maybe he was a liar who saw an opportunity and took it to further his own career.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,647 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Who?

Some actor on some show that is allegedly popular on one of the network stations (NBC probably, or CBS or ABC, I don't ****in care)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

If there were actors used at these 'events' one would have to think that they were in the pay of whatever power had allegedly perpetrated the act. If they were it is probably reasonable to think that their backstory would at least stand up to scrutiny from the public and journalists.
    I'm with Timberrrrrrrr on this one (Shudder!)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Whos the other celebrity that lost their job for falsely attaching themselves to a tragedy?

"Another celebrity may be losing his job after admitting he included himself in a real-life tragedy that he had nothing to do with"

• Advertisement
Advertisement