Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grazon 90 weedlicker

Options
  • 15-06-2019 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have the use of a weedlicker for a while, and was wondering what the dilution would be , I have a 90 litre tank
    I read the instructions on the grazon and it said nothing about weed licking
    It says 60ml of product to 1 litre of water but is that just for spraying and how may litres to do an acre
    Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Not weed licking , but it may be of some help, I put 90ml of Grazon into a 20 litre knapsack.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

That seems to be 5.4ltrs for your 90ltr tank or a ratio of 1:16. When I use a weedlicker. I use roundup or Rosate360. With a ratio of 1:30, which i think is plenty strong. Don't forget a good squirt of washing up liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Once it sets in the suffeerr has ten months to live.

What are you licking with the Grazon, whins? Usually Gallup or roundup in licker. Be interested to see how it works out for you, have year old whins regrowth here in a few spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭dunlopwellies

Only products with glyphosphate composition are approved for use in weed lickers. Documented use of any other products in a licker will cause a penalty upon inspection. Fyi!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭jd06

TPF2012 wrote: »
    What are you licking with the Grazon, whins? Usually Gallup or roundup in licker. Be interested to see how it works out for you, have year old whins regrowth here in a few spots.

I don't want to use roundup because it's a grass field, the wheels of the licker will be driving over the roundup and marking the field, so grazon would be safer, I assume the wheels would Mark the field??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,493 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

jd06 wrote: »
    I don't want to use roundup because it's a grass field, the wheels of the licker will be driving over the roundup and marking the field, so grazon would be safer, I assume the wheels would Mark the field??

I’ve not seen that.
    The only issue I’ve seen with our carpet one is when you have the drum loaded and go over uneven ground it can drip off the low end of the roller. It’s not a massive problem but it happens. Thing is if you put Grazon90 out in same way it will kill grass too.

_Brian wrote: »
    I’ve not seen that.
    The only issue I’ve seen with our carpet one is when you have the drum loaded and go over uneven ground it can drip off the low end of the roller. It’s not a massive problem but it happens. Thing is if you put Grazon90 out in same way it will kill grass too.

I thought the grazon didn't affect grass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Hi, I have the use of a weedlicker for a while, and was wondering what the dilution would be , I have a 90 litre tank
    I read the instructions on the grazon and it said nothing about weed licking
    It says 60ml of product to 1 litre of water but is that just for spraying and how may litres to do an acre
    Tia

Does it not say 60ml to 10 litres of water?

MIKEKC wrote: »
    Does it not say 60ml to 10 litres of water?

Yes your correct, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

Aravo wrote: »
    That seems to be 5.4ltrs for your 90ltr tank or a ratio of 1:16. When I use a weedlicker. I use roundup or Rosate360. With a ratio of 1:30, which i think is plenty strong. Don't forget a good squirt of washing up liquid.
    What's your target weed at that rate aravo

• Advertisement

I thought the grazon didn't affect grass?

It doesn’t at normal application rates. But like I said of it dribbles off the weed kicker it will as it will be applied much more than the concentration of spraying which it is intended for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

It doesn’t at normal application rates. But like I said of it dribbles off the weed kicker it will as it will be applied much more than the concentration of spraying which it is intended for.

At what rate do you use grazon with the licker Brian.
    What are you targeting primarily ?

At what rate do you use grazon with the licker Brian.
    What are you targeting primarily ?

I’m not I was commenting on a previous poster doing it.
    We’ve only ever used Gallup/Roundup in the licker and rushes are our nemesis here.

I’m not I was commenting on a previous poster doing it.
    We’ve only ever used Gallup/Roundup in the licker and rushes are our nemesis here.

And would your wheels not drag the roundup on the field

And would your wheels not drag the roundup on the field

Nope
    We don’t have large fields either but by the time we circle round it seems to have dried enough not to be an issue.

I will say though we’ve sprayed more recently and find it a better job, better clearance.

What's your target weed at that rate aravo

Rushes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Nope
    We don’t have large fields either but by the time we circle round it seems to have dried enough not to be an issue.

I will say though we’ve sprayed more recently and find it a better job, better clearance.

Just reading this thread with interest, as I cannt decide whether to go down the weedlicking or spot spraying route for clearing a few acres of rush /nettles/thistles. I would have thought using roundup in a weedlicker would have given a better kill then blanket spraying a less effective product like mcpa in a sprayer ?

Just reading this thread with interest, as I cannt decide whether to go down the weedlicking or spot spraying route for clearing a few acres of rush /nettles/thistles. I would have thought using roundup in a weedlicker would have given a better kill then blanket spraying a less effective product like mcpa in a sprayer ?

Our licker is a home made drum with carpet so that probably affects results.

_Brian wrote:
    Our licker is a home made drum with carpet so that probably affects results.

It's only a matter of time until all weedlickers will have to be certified. I know a fella who sells them and this unknown would put a lot off buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Aravo wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time until all weedlickers will have to be certified. I know a fella who sells them and this unknown would put a lot off buying one.

That’s exactly what’s putting me off buying one of the basic weedlickers. The only one that definitely meets all standards would be the logic 2000. But they cost 4K and you’d get a lot of ground sprayed or licked by a contractor for that type of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭50HX

That’s exactly what’s putting me off buying one of the basic weedlickers. The only one that definitely meets all standards would be the logic 2000. But they cost 4K and you’d get a lot of ground sprayed or licked by a contractor for that type of money.

How does the logic meet standards all it is is a boom of a sprayer operating over a bristle roller??

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

What is the standard for a weedlicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

I don't think they've published one yet? But, it is on the way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭50HX

From what I know they are a big grey area for the dept, at least with boom sprayers you have pressures at in lets/outlets, clock to be tested,filters, jet type,orientation,symmetry etc...most of these are n/a to a weedlicker

It's why dept brought in the 3mtr min boom width requires a test, rules out most weedlickers

Advertisement