Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to work out PRSI Contributions?

Options
  • 17-06-2019 1:28pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My wife was made redundant in December 2018. She received a letter today that they will be stopping payment shortly after 156 days.

I thought she was entitled to 9 months JobSeekers benefit as she had been working from April 2011 and paying tax and PRSi since then?

Are the contributions calculated on a weekly or monthly basis?

Any thoughts/guidance would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

tedpan wrote: »
    My wife was made redundant in December 2018. She received a letter today that they will be stopping payment shortly after 156 days.

I thought she was entitled to 9 months JobSeekers benefit as she had been working from April 2011 and paying tax and PRSi since then?

Quite simply they are claiming that your wife has fewer then 260 PRSI paid at classes A, H or P.
    If she has pay slips or P60 or any other documentary evidence to prove otherwise then she should present it to them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

splinter65 wrote:
    Quite simply they are claiming that your wife has fewer then 260 PRSI paid at classes A, H or P. If she has pay slips or P60 or any other documentary evidence to prove otherwise then she should present it to them.

Thanks, so does it state the amount of contributions on the P60s?

If you have the P60s for 2011 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 it says on each how many PRSI Contributions were made in that year and what class they were paid at.

splinter65 wrote:
    If you have the P60s for 2011 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 it says on each how many PRSI Contributions were made and what class they were paid at.

Thanks, they say 52 weeks at class A1 from 2013-18 and half that for 2011 & 12.

Apologies if I'm being an idiot, but does this mean 52 contributions?

Thanks, they say 52 weeks at class A1 from 2013-18 and half that for 2011 & 12.

Apologies if I'm being an idiot, but does this mean 52 contributions?

So she has 364 PRSI contributions which is more then enough. She should bring the P60s to her local SW office and ask them why she is being cut off so soon.
    She hasn’t been working part time since being made redundant?

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote:
    So she has 364 PRSI contributions which is more then enough. She should bring the P60s to her local SW office and ask them why she is being cut off so soon. She hasn’t been working part time since being made redundant?

Thanks for the clarification. No she hasn't had any work since apart from dealing with me of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59,569 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

You can also view the contributions record through this link:

Cheers! She just logged in and confirmed Splinter's numbers above.

Advertisement