Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to school allowance 2019

• 14-06-2019 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Has anyone received a letter yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I got the letter yesterday. Will be paid week commencing second Monday of July

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KG1978

Yes got letter yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Has anyone received a letter yet?

The form will be available to download on the 24th if you haven’t heard from them by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yppah20

Are letters still coming out this week and next ? Haven’t received any so guessing I’ll have to reapply again ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I emailed last week & got a reply back to day that we have to apply. 1st time to apply

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Got a letter this morning (well the wife did). Nice surprise as I didn't think we were eligible. Turns out we're just under the threshold.
    Will be handy to replace young lads uniform anyways, he went through three pairs of slacks and tracksuit pants this year :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I emailed last week & got a reply back to day that we have to apply. 1st time to apply

What is the email address? Thanks

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    What is the email address? Thanks

BSCFA@welfare.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Necro wrote: »
    Got a letter this morning (well the wife did). Nice surprise as I didn't think we were eligible. Turns out we're just under the threshold.
    Will be handy to replace young lads uniform anyways, he went through three pairs of slacks and tracksuit pants this year :eek:

What is the threshold amount?

What is the threshold amount?

Depends on your circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Phillyf9

Hi all,Wife got a text this morning to say her application has been received even though she didn't apply,is this the equivalent of getting the letter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I applied for it via the MyWelfare portal this morning.
    Very straightforward application process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,

Did anyone send a postal application, do you need to send anything with the application ie supporting documents or just the application form?

Hi,

Did anyone send a postal application, do you need to send anything with the application ie supporting documents or just the application form?

No don’t send it but they reserve the right to ask you to send proof of income and savings etc at a later date.

Says to include proof of income on the form

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yppah20

What’s the turn around time for online applications ?

Says to include proof of income on the form

Where?

At the back of the form, it says if you, or your partner are in employment you may be required to include a payslip dated 1st June- 30th sept.
    When I phoned as I hadn’t got a letter, they told me to include a payslip as the means test is different for WFP and btscfa

Did anyone that has had to apply hear anything back yet?

Did anyone that has had to apply hear anything back yet?

DEASP have said that they are only going to start to deal with paper applications when they’ve finished dealing with the online applications.

• Advertisement

Oh ok... bit unfair really, I couldn’t apply online as the dept had my phone number wrong for me to set up a my welfare.ie account. And it demanded I go into the intro office to change it, which I can’t do with work. I got a text Tuesday to say they had received my application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I got a response during the week re: my application.
    It was refused as the family income is in excess of the income limits.
    Same result with my Household Benefits Package application despite being on Invalidity Pension.

Really quick turnaround for the online application.
    Applied the day the online application opened, and heard back within a week.

Not a huge loss as thankfully it's not money I was counting on.
    Hope everyone else who applied has better luck and if you are counting on it that it comes thru quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KG1978

Btscfa money in my bank.

KG1978 wrote: »
    Btscfa money in my bank.

Mine too. Wasn’t expecting it, hadn’t gotten a letter so applied online. Thought it would be a few more weeks at best.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Mine too. Wasn’t expecting it, hadn’t gotten a letter so applied online. Thought it would be a few more weeks at best.

Did you get anything to say it was approved

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

How much do ye get? Tks

whodafunk wrote: »
    How much do ye get? Tks

Age 4-11 is €150
    Age11-18 or 22 if still in second level is €275

No, nothing. No letter nor acknowledgement that online application had been received.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaygirl2

Mine in the bank today too. Applied online last week. Didn't hear anything back but checked last night online on my gov acc and said awarded. Delighted as didn't qualify last year. Online is definitely the way to go.

• Advertisement

It’s soon going to be online applications for most family payments I guess. The paper applications are being left on the long finger. Interesting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Mine in the bank today too. Applied online last week. Didn't hear anything back but checked last night online on my gov acc and said awarded. Delighted as didn't qualify last year. Online is definitely the way to go.

Do you have to upload a payslip when applying online

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaygirl2

No it didn't ask to upload a payslip just had to input details of the payslip manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 socute14

Has anyone any idea how long it's taking now. Applied online two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

socute14 wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea how long it's taking now. Applied online two weeks ago.

I applied on 8th July and had a notification in mygovid on Tuesday 16th to say it was approved .Online application simple and very quick turnaround .

Strange as i applied online 2 weeks ago and heard nothing!! We are entitled and within the limit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

I tried to do it online but couldn't get past the "do you have any other dependent children?" question, as in, it listed my children correctly and asked the above question to which I clicked on No but it kept bringing me back to the screen and asking me the question over and over.

So, I printed a form and posted it in. Disheartened now to hear that postal applications are last to be processed. I wonder how long it will take for my payment to be approved, about two weeks since I posted it.

Well it appears we are not entitled. Total Joke, i thought they took tax into consideration but they don't. I pay alot of it and my partner is on a small disability allowance. I am over by about 20 euro. Don't know what ill do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I applied end of June.Got conformation email on the 25th July.How long is the backlog ,does anyone know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

socute14 wrote: »
    Well it appears we are not entitled. Total Joke, i thought they took tax into consideration but they don't. I pay alot of it and my partner is on a small disability allowance. I am over by about 20 euro. Don't know what ill do now.

If you pay "a lot" of tax then presumably you're earning "a lot" of wages?

dubstarr wrote: »
    I applied end of June.Got conformation email on the 25th July.How long is the backlog ,does anyone know

It could be the end of sept by the time you get it. It’s the same old nonsense every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ownie13

Got a text message on the 22nd July saying they'd received the application. Late applying as I'm recently widowed and I have 2 children going back to school one primary and the other secondary. Is there anywhere online that i can check the progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

They got my application on the 1st of August and got payment today. A lot faster this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Got my payment today.So can go in Saturday and get the last of the stuff the kids need.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Got my payment today.So can go in Saturday and get the last of the stuff the kids need.

Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

Has anyone applied for this payment in recent weeks? I sent in my application online last Friday and I’m just curious how long it would take to hear back

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jenbeebee

natc wrote: »
    Has anyone applied for this payment in recent weeks? I sent in my application online last Friday and I’m just curious how long it would take to hear back

I applied 14/08/19 got payment on 11/09/19 closing date is the end of this month so u got in ontime

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

Applied Friday 20th and received payment today. No acknowledgement of receipt initially and no correspondence to say we were approved. Just an extra €300 in the bank that we weren’t expecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cris_tina

Hello, my husband send one aplication form for back to school clothing and footwear allowance, he received sms saying that aplication was received on 26th of september!
    it is possible to know how long it will take to know if it was aproved?
    Thank you

Advertisement