Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One X price drop

Options
  • 20-03-2020 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

I know the new one is coming out this year but the One X is still a good machine if you haven't got one.

Argos: €319

Smyths toys: €284.99

Game stop: €279.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just picked up xBox One X in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Back to 279 with Gamestop......for those looking for a Covid-19 boredom buster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Canonfan wrote: »
    I know the new one is coming out this year but the One X is still a good machine if you haven't got one.

Argos: €319

Smyths toys: €284.99

Game stop: €279.99

Would this do everything an android box would do?can you side load apps stream movies etc?

Back to 279 with Gamestop......for those looking for a Covid-19 boredom buster

Out of stock again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Would this do everything an android box would do?can you side load apps stream movies etc?

It's a high end gaming console. Not an Android box.

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    It's a high end gaming console. Not an Android box.

Yea cheers for that sarcastic answer.maybe i should spell my question out for you seeing as you don't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Yea cheers for that sarcastic answer.maybe i should spell my question out for you seeing as you don't understand it.

Answer is yes, it will do almost anything an android box will, you can add kodi and other apps directly from the App Store, you can also side load but I’ve never done that, I do t really use it for streaming so perhaps there are limitations that I don’t know about

Answer is yes, it will do almost anything an android box will, you can add kodi and other apps directly from the App Store, you can also side load but I’ve never done that, I do t really use it for streaming so perhaps there are limitations that I don’t know about

Thankyou.
    I want to be able to play games but id like it to replace the android box i have as well.rte player kodi app store like you say.and its 4k picture as well i hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I want to be able to play games but id like it to replace the android box i have as well.rte player kodi app store like you say.and its 4k picture as well i hear.

One of the best features of the XBox One is the TV pass through: you can connect your existing box to the XBox One's input, and then a cable from the One to the TV. After that, using the TV app, it will yield the signal from the connected box to the TV.
    So, without any additional cables to the TV, you can continue to use an existing box, as well as the One. This is particularly useful if you have an Android box that has a feature the One might not have, or a satellite box, or anything else that you currently connect to your TV through HDMI.

See more information here.

JoyPad wrote: »
    One of the best features of the XBox One is the TV pass through: you can connect your existing box to the XBox One's input, and then a cable from the One to the TV. After that, using the TV app, it will yield the signal from the connected box to the TV.
    So, without any additional cables to the TV, you can continue to use an existing box, as well as the One. This is particularly useful if you have an Android box that has a feature the One might not have, or a satellite box, or anything else that you currently connect to your TV through HDMI.

See more information here.

Wow that is a great feature thanks.

• Advertisement

Back in stock in Gamestop....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Gone again

My boredom buster Xbox X arrived this morning just in time for the long weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

This is such a great bargain, the console has been a godsend with the kids in the house on lockdown these last couple of weeks. They had a switch, but we set up a Minecraft realm, so they can meet and chat with their pals every afternoon.

Look up stacking gamespass ultimate, gets you a world of great games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I bought two 12 months Live Gold from CDkeys and converted to game pass ultimate all for less than €100, don't forget to do the same guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

How did you to the conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

jasonhn wrote: »
    How did you to the conversion?

Add 12 months Gold(not the game pass) to your account - payment renew on. Added - switch subscription payment off. Add another 12 months gold - renew on. Added switch it off. Buy game pass ultimate using your account from MS store 1/3 months for small change(sometimes for 1€). When adding to your account mark subscription renew. When added switch it off again.
    You could get 12+1+12+1(not working for everyone the same day, so you can wait 24h before adding second 12 months of GP)+GPU+1 month extra with it as well.

Advertisement