Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheebeens: Why don't the media give their addresses

• 06-01-2021 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭

Why don't the media spoilsports publish the addresses of Sheebeens when they publish their hysterical, shock-horror reports of the cops raiding them?

I'd like to give them some custom, but I need to know where they are to do so.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

Bricriu wrote: »
    Why don't the media spoilsports publish the addresses of Sheebeens when they publish their hysterical, shock-horror reports of the cops raiding them?

That's why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Bricriu

Another spoilsport!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭corner of hells

You could always set your own one up and stick your address up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We won't give you the address because you'll go there and get infected, then come on here and give us all internet-covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I'd love to go to the pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I'd love to go to the pub.

Keep wearing your mask you'll get there eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Tork

You're obviously not in the loop so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Just set up your own keg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Allinall wrote: »
    That's why.

setting up a shebeen in a pandemic once is stupid, but continuing to operate one after being raided by the guards would be on another level of stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

biko wrote: »
    We won't give you the address because you'll go there and get infected, then come on here and give us all internet-covid.

Anti-virus software is your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Keep wearing your mask you'll get there eventually.

We've been told that three times before and here we are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The locals would be all giving out because they can't have a few quiet pints anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,810 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

To be honest you'd have to be in the know to be invited to one of them.
    They aren't going to invite you if they thought you had a big mouth or were a rat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Why would you want to go to the sheebeens that have been raided and closed down? Surely you'd want the addresses of the ones that the Gardaí don't know about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Bricriu

Sure most of them would be open again within a day or two, having given the cops a few 'vouchers' for free pints once they are open again.

Advertisement