Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say something bad about universally revered person?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Hamachi

For me, it’s Senator Lynn Ruane. She is feted by the media and is wheeled out as the voice of authenticity.

I see a nakedly self-serving politico, who makes me nauseous every time I see her face on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Lewis Hamilton. Hypocritical, virtue signaling, disingenuous, a@rsehole.

Beyoncé. Overrated, over privileged gangster’s moll codding on to be an independent feminist who rode her husband’s coattails to mega fame.

Bob Geldof. Preaching, pompous pain in the hole whose music is sh1te.

Madonna. Vile, fake, nasty b1tch.

Oprah Winfrey. Not oppressed in the slightest. Quite the opposite, one of the most talentless but powerful people in show business.

I am intrigued. What is she really like? Public persons I have of her is of a warm, intelligent, compassionate woman.

I know she treated any staff like sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Greta Thunberg needs a slap and then putting on the bold step.
    maniac2003 wrote: »
    Hazel chu.....,
    Thread closed

Neither of these women are universally revered. There's literally a long-running thread hating on Thunberg in the Current Affairs IMHO forum which had so many posts in it that they had to open a new thread.

Hazel Chu is the most trolled politician in the country, outside of the cabinet members (and possibly including them). Have a read off of the comments on any of her tweets - they mostly aren't fans revering her.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    For anyone who finds this thread interesting, I’d recommend a bbc podcast called Evil Genius by the comedian russel Kane...Neil delemare does be on it a fair bit also...covers quite a few punters already mentioned....entertaining if it’s your kind of thing....

A delemere gets a mention finally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Christy Duignan,he and his band performed afew times at a venue I use to work at,full of ****e,arrogant druggy looking for the public's sympathy now,he had better chances than any of us and blew them because of his arrogant selfish ways but yet he's revered by the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

retalivity wrote: »
    Shane McGowan - A pathetic excuse for a man who is excused a lifetime of sh1ttiness because "he's a wonderful poet" - he wrote 2-3 songs with lyrics worthy of remembrance, and with plenty of help from the rest of the band.

Hi Twink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

compassionate to saudi royals which makes her not very intelligent considering they are literal bona fide head hackers

It's the Dubai royal family, one of the world's biggest oil producers, the Al Maktoum's that she is friendly with, she did the Puff Piece for them concerning their daughter Princess Latifa that tried to flee the country, all this from a former UN commissioner for Human Rights, and Climate Change advocate.

The Prime Time documentary regarding the Mary Robinson Library in Ballina, shows her true colours, the total cost estimated at 8.5 million, Dept of Heritage and Mayo CC footing a big chunk of the bill, her brother getting 660000 k, for a run down house, and Mary getting 2 million in a tax credits for donating her papers to the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Why do people hate Hazel Chu so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Ryan Tubridy's hero :)

JFK's oul lad was even worse, a real piece of work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ekerot wrote: »

Her support of people and comments who said all Gardai are racist and legitimate targets for attack has seen her get hammered over the last few days.

Prior to that, I dunno....being ethnically Asian, in the green party and mayor of Dublin probably had her as a target for a lot of (sad) people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,972 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Ekerot wrote: »

Have a guess. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Gay Byrne was horrid tight with money

Sure he died owing an absolute fortune to half the country

• Registered Users Posts: 24,868 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Robbie Keane. Yeah yeah we'd kill for him now but he was awful to watch most of the time and has the charisma of a bad rash.

Ahhh bit harsh, unlike some others he turned up to play every mickey mouse friendly going... 146 caps, 68 goals..played till he was 38.. gave 110% for the jersey, teammates and country. Had what we lacked for years before and since.... a constant threat and potential match winner. I thought he was reasonably entertaining...made things happen. He was fast direct, reasonably skilled and an intelligent player.

Seemed just like a dead ordinary lad who loved his country and his football... we would indeed kill for Robbie mark II now.. hed walk into an all time Ireland XI... might have to wait another generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,972 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Peter Sellers. Absolute wanker of the lowest kind who was a real twat everyone around him. A millionaire who left his kids fuck all too and they had to fight his last missus (also a twat) for a few bob for years after he kicked the bucket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭Treseemme.

Muhammad Ali was a black man and a negro

James bond was 007

Hitachi was a Chinese tool manufacturer

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Can't remember where/when I read it, but hasn't it been said that Christy Moore can be a pain in the hole to work with?

Tony EH wrote: »
    Peter Sellers. Absolute wanker of the lowest kind who was a real twat everyone around him. A millionaire who left his kids fuck all too and they had to fight his last missus (also a twat) for a few bob for years after he kicked the bucket.

That's fukkin terrible news

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Bradley Walsh, not at all funny and laughs AT his guests a lot more than with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mr c

I have seen Twink be extremely nasty and vile previously in Nutgrove shopping centre or supervalu Knocklyon

What a Weapon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Lewis Hamilton.

Completely stuck up his own hole. Horrible attitude when things don't go his way, completely undeserving of the knighthood he recently received. His success is purely based off Mercedes commitment to him imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,095 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Tony EH wrote: »
    Have a guess. ;)

I did.
    Ditto Hazel Chu - honestly don't know all that much abour her other than the positions she holds (which, I'm guessing, is the reason alone).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Lewis Hamilton.

Completely stuck up his own hole. Horrible attitude when things don't go his way, completely undeserving of the knighthood he recently received. His success is purely based off Mercedes commitment to him imo.

If I had a hat I’d tip it.

Hitler

Arsehole of the highest order

Hated the French

Invaded Poland

Eventually killed himself

Ryan Tubridy's hero :)

Tubs living vicariously through his hero cos he was everything Tubs is not. Charismatic, powerful, loved by ladies.......

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Jurgen Klopp, while a lot of people still buy into this "Quirky German" facade, any time I've heard him speak recently he comes across as a thinskinned and nasty bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,868 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Jurgen Klopp, while a lot of people still buy into this "Quirky German" facade, any time I've heard him speak recently he comes across as a thinskinned and nasty bully.

I was a big fan of his Dortmund teams but the guy is a bad looser.

I’d have a lot of respect for his achievements in the game fair play but when things don’t go his way he’s ridiculously nasty and unsportsmanlike.. it’s a personality trait that seems to be getting more prevalent over time with him.. he seems to be alienating or attracting criticism from more quarters too both media and people inside the game like other managers.. appears the big stoopid insincere laugh and grin and comedy shoulder shrugs have been covering up a more acidic side.

Grouch of Sesame Street. Should be completely consigned to the Dustbin of hoistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,095 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Strumms wrote: »
    I was a big fan of his Dortmund teams but the guy is a bad looser.

I’d have a lot of respect for his achievements in the game fair play but when things don’t go his way he’s ridiculously nasty and unsportsmanlike.. it’s a personality trait that seems to be getting more prevalent over time with him.. he seems to be alienating or attracting criticism from more quarters too both media and people inside the game like other managers..

Ditto Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and I'm gussing a whole host of other top coaches.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Alex Ferguson was a much nicer man.

Advertisement