Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird article about Ireland by young Filippino girl who has never been

• 08-03-2016 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

http://subselfie.com/2016/03/06/ireland-and-my-first-love/
    My relative worked in Dublin but died of frostbite when her landlady cut off her electricity bill. Still, the mystique of Ireland captivated me, much in the same way as Rupert’s hair that flowed in soft auburn curls.

Like the Emerald Isle, he was isolated and quiet. I met him around August 2013. I was turning fourteen, and he, 22.

I did not know about his age too soon. But when I did, it was too late; I fell for him. When, where, how, I don’t know. But I guess I know why. We would speak for hours and he’ll never look bored. His eyes sparkled; I saw that even though he would shyly look away. I’ve never felt like this before. So I prayed ‘Please, no’.

Saw this posted on Reddit earlier.

Fcukin creepy man. I hope it's just some sort of creative writing attempt because otherwise it sounds like that Rupert guy was grooming a 14 year old!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Google translate by the look of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

So wrong... Surely its filipina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

A traditional Irish remedy for an alcoholic hangover is for a person to be buried in moist river sand up to his or her neck.
    Well I never.

The things you don't know about your own country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Jaysus that's disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Eventually I found out that Rupert was managing mischief with the efficiency of a leprechaun

Who wrote this? Michael Flatley???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Ruari was right all the time.

You wouldn't be long getting frostbit.

With a name like Rupert he was destined to be creepy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

http://subselfie.com/2016/03/06/ireland-and-my-first-love/

Saw this posted on Reddit earlier.

Fcukin creepy man. I hope it's just some sort of creative writing attempt because otherwise it sounds like that Rupert guy was grooming a 14 year old!

No, it sounds like she has a teenage crush on a 22 year old.

but what a mean landlady letting her tennant die by cutting of her electricity bill. How does that even work?

kjl wrote: »

but what a mean landlady letting her tennant die by cutting of her electricity bill. How does that even work?

It sounds a bit far fetched. Frostbite? Dying of it? Indoors? Like, would layers of clothes not get a person through it?

From frostbite no less. Surely one of the papers picked up on that one, as it must be the first case of a person dying from frostbite anywhere.

• Advertisement

The weird part is how she turned her teenage crush into an obsession with Ireland and how in her head he's some sort of human manifestation of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Cant wait for Paddys day next week when I can go to mass and drink whisky straight from the jar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

From frostbite no less. Surely one of the papers picked up on that one, as it must be the first case of a person dying from frostbite anywhere.

I'm sure frostbite means hypothermia in this case. There was a story a few years ago about a woman in Ballymun dying from it, but the heating was working in her apartment according to reports.

Only story I can find about a woman from the Philippines dying in her home in here in tragic circumstances is about that nurse that perished when her basement flat flooded

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/floods-horror-drowned-nurse-screamed-for-help-for-10-minutes-26785760.html

Cant wait for Paddys day next week when I can go to mass and drink whisky straight from the jar.

I'm thinking of flying to Drogheda to see the sights. That bridge looks very historical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Rupert wants his legs broken.

Rupert wants his legs broken.

Just his legs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

JustShon wrote: »
    Just his legs?

Including the middle one, obvs.

Including the middle one, obvs.

Much better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So, she's the Filipina version of Niamh Horan. Sorted. Next thread please.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement