Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you at work right now?

Options
124»

Comments

It likely had nothing to do with being a nanny system, some social media applications carry the highest security risk.

No because they were still allowing people have 30 mins per day on on sites on the ban list so I doubt it was a security thing.

Anyway they undid it all after no more than a few weeks, all that's blocked now is gambling or the other obvious things you aren't going to go into at work :P. In fact the blocking software ended up being less sensitive after than before and I can get into some websites that were being blocked before due to their topic being betting related but not actually betting sites themselves.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I work in IT and I'm in my last week before I take 8 months off for maternity leave. Level of ****s given right now is approximately equal to zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Maguined wrote: »
    Anyone who works in HR has no soul and so cares not for your civil liberties.
    I'll say. The HR lady here is more likely to tell you to "fuck off out of my office and sort yourselves out like adults!!" than anything else. Marvellous girl. :D
    Maguined wrote: »
    Sounds like its the stupid people that are the highest security risk. Maybe get rid of them so the sensible people can still have it all.

Mmm. That'll be <flippity> sleet on computerised points at Didcot. You're going to need a toothbrush and a tub of Swarfega. Now go to it, and good luck. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

No, not at work. It's currently 21:24, 26 degrees and i'm sweating the arse off myself just lying down.

Will be working again tomorrow, but Im in a call centre at a really busy time of the year so i'm lucky if I get to read three pages of a thread in total in between calls. Sucks monkey balls that you just can't get a minute to switch off, even just to talk shyte with your colleagues, more so than being able to do nothing. Will not be getting a permanent job in a call centre any time ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Yep, going into a meeting now, have two pens with me so I have something to ram into each eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

It likely had nothing to do with being a nanny system, some social media applications carry the highest security risk.

We have facebook blocked for most users, because unfortunately a lot of people are stupid and will start clicking on all sorts of links that pop up in their feed. Not because they're not allowed to look at facebook. They can do that on their phones on the free wifi no bother.

All webmail sites were blocked here for the same reason.

"Someone has posted a video/pic of you" etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭anvilfour

drake70 wrote: »
    All webmail sites were blocked here for the same reason.

"Someone has posted a video/pic of you" etc.

AdBlock Plus? :)

anvilfour wrote: »
    AdBlock Plus? :)

We are blocked from downloading and installing that :o

As an aside, it took me 5 attempts to post this as all but "Quick Reply" is now blocked :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

I work in IT and I'm in my last week before I take 8 months off for maternity leave. Level of ****s given right now is approximately equal to zero.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I'm in work right now, feck all to do today. So bored, thankfully open internet access..so I can hunt for new exciting jobs outside of this whole of a country -_-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭anvilfour

We are blocked from downloading and installing that :o

As an aside, it took me 5 attempts to post this as all but "Quick Reply" is now blocked :(

Best response ever! You made my day! :-D

blocked from Vbulletin posting message I bet :P

blocked from Vbulletin posting message I bet :P

Nail on head. You win a lifetime subscription to FortiGuard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

I'm a student who should be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I'm a student who should be working.

By default students never should be working.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

I am.

Advertisement