Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite brand of tea

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I love Campbell's tea but it can be a bit more of an effort than a tea-bag in the cup. Generally Barrys tea at home & Green Tea with Lemon in work. Oh & Twinnings Lady Grey is really nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Slot Machine

Twining's masala chai, Darjeeling or Earl Grey, depending on my mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

McGraths or Lyons or even Tesco's own brand. Barry's tea is a joke, wouldn't touch it! I'd go without tea before I'd drink Barry's tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Lyons and only Lyons

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I love Yorkshire Tea, but it's hard to get hold of so Barry's is the blend of choice.

Can't beat a bit of the auld Lapsang Souchon either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

kylith wrote: »
    I love Yorkshire Tea, but it's hard to get hold of so Barry's is the blend of choice.

Can't beat a bit of the auld Lapsang Souchon either.
    You can buy Yorkshire tea in the Iceland stores here in Dublin.
    Aldi's McGrath's is also a favourite of mine.

Barry's. Anyone who says otherwise is just wrong!

After Barrys, Twinings English Breakfast is nice, and so is the Yorkshire Tea.

Strong, splash of milk, huge big mug. Every two hours, please and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

Lyons original blend ftw :D a lot depends a lot on the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Loose leaf tea FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Another +1 for McGraths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Ann22 wrote: »
    i think a lot of it's to do with the water...sometimes my tea is sh1te but spontaneously goes back to normal no matter which brand I use. My ma in law makes lovely tea and she uses Dunnes own brand...it doesn't taste the same in my house though.
    Overall for me though Tetley's is probably the nicest, followed by Punjana.

Tea brewing side issue aka TBSI

Do people use BOILING WATER or freshly BOILED water
    This point is critical.The whole tea drinking world and the future of the brew hinges on this question;)

Also using reboiled water removes oxygen from said water and doesn't brew the leaves properly

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bagofweasels

Wish Lyons would bring back the Kenya Blend, that was a cuppa you could trot a mouse on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Years ago my brother and my uncle got into an argument as my uncle had bought lidl cola when my brother wanted Coke. My uncle decided to do a blind taste test to see if my brother could actually tell the difference. Sneakily, he put the Lidl cola in both glasses but my brother triumphantly proclaimed one as the real deal.

I prefer Barry's, but I reckon few who reckon they could only drink one or the other would pass the taste test.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Robert Robertson FTW. I really like their decaf teabag too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I've two, Lyons, and the McGrath's brand from Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    My mum puts a teaspoon of it in the cup and pours the boiling water in on top of it, then the milk etc.

Anytime I've used it I make it in a pot and use a small sieve to pour it into the cup as I hate the loose bits floating around, puts me off it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Don't care, it's all the same. Except for English tea, that's rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Rarely drink tea but when I do it is normally Barry's as both work and most nearby cafes have it. Work got this limited edition master blend Barry's over CHristmas. It was vile

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

McGraths from Aldi or Tesco own brand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Punjana mainly, or whatever my brother sends me in the post.
    English tea is weak as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I'm a coffee drinker for the most part, and bought a Jura a few years back (great investment for the serious coffee connoisseur). I'll always have a box of Barry's loose leaf on the go though if I fancy something different.

A pot of tea with a hearty breakfast at the weekend is always a memory of home.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Infuser or tea strainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Inspired by the other tea related thread, which is your chosen brand?

Only two brands in the poll :cool:

Punjana tea bags.
    Bewleys loose tea (real tea)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm a fully paid-up member of the Church of Barry's. I also like Bewley's.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

PG Tips tea is a nice cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Everyone laughs at me when I tell them that Aldi Mc Graths tea is excellent.

I am so glad to see so many on here agreeing with me!

Don't know what it is, but it tastes great. I hope they don't change suppliers any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Asaiah

Well now that I live in the UK my tea choices are limited. PG Tips and Tetley are awful, but I found Yorkshire tea is quite nice. They sell Barry's in Tescos but I'm more of a Lyons or Mgraths man myself. So Yorkshire tea will have to do for now.

I wish they sold McGrath's in Aldi here, I'd be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Cambells is here its at ye cnuts

• Advertisement

Recently I've found the Aldi mcgraths tea in the gold and black box (reserve blend maybe?) to be the nicest tea around! at the minute I'm working my way through a box of Barry's "classic blend" in the black box - it's okay, a bit weak though.

Advertisement