Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dreams

• 07-03-2016 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Dreams are a funny thing. It's amazing that one is asleep but at the same time your mind is active. Last night I had this dream.

I was in a very large high rise trendy modern building all glass fronted, and inside, like city hall in London, but it was a restaurant, where people were dining on every level. The type of place that has no concrete walls and you could see every floor from any floor, all open plan and if there was a wall it was made of glass.

So when I entered the building I started scaling the building but on the stair banister as if I felt I was barred from walking or taking the elevator, also using any other railings to aid me in this endeavour. I'd no idea why I was trying to get to the top but I know I was determined to get there.

As I was going from the top to the bottom I was putting my foot on the diners table knocking over their fancy wine glasses as I went along , not doing it deliberately, but just because I was slipping badly and found the whole think a very hard struggle.

I recall sticking my foot in a romantic couples cheese board, and the guy standing up in indignation and telling me off where I felt I had to scutter away as quickly as possible to escape his ire.

That's just a small snipped of the whole dream.

What dreams have you had ?

I'd like to hear your wacky dream story, the one's you recall vividly the following day but usually forgotten by the following day. So you gotta be quick.

EDIT: Can I ask if responders would just describe your dreams. No explanation of why you think it's related to your personal life is necessary. Or debate about dreams or why they are significant. Just describe your dream.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I had a dream about ALDI the other night. Last night I dreamt about a pot of green beans boiling over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,124 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

For me, lucid or directed dreams are the most significant of all dreams... you know those rare dreams when you realise you are in a dream, and suddenly you are in the most epic choose your own adventure story. Even though on some level you realise you are in a dream, on another level it feels real. Like you just stepped into a movie and are now steering the plot.

Or the bizarre way your brain incorporates outside events that you are sensing into your dream story, like a dog barking, until it hits you that it's happening in the real world and you suddenly awaken.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Am on a lot of medication at the moment, the dreams are totally bizarre but very interesting, like watching a film. Probably go back to normal ones after treatment.

The ones I hate are when I dream one of my children die, I wake up physically panting from sobbing in the dream and then the child gets about a 100 kisses and hugs just so I can feel them again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I never remember my dreams, just wake up and it was all a blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Can I ask if responders would just describe your dreams. No explanation of why you think it's related to your personal life is necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Can come true, look it baby, bam ala loo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

colossus-x wrote: »
    Can I ask if responders would just describe your dreams. No explanation of why you think it's related to your personal life is necessary.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I only have nightmares . Scary scary nightmares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I will do a dream analysis for you OP....

you seem to have hit a glass ceiling in your career!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I have recurring dreams where all my teeth start falling out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement