Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep, the scumbag attempted to defraud compliant taxpayers like me by underdeclaring VAT by hundreds of thousands of euro.

Hope he's evicted again pronto. And permanently this time.

I hope your house burns down on Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Yes, there is one guy on the ground but it's not surprising that someone will fall over when trying to move a grown man on uneven terrain. I don't know how the guy with the bloody nose got the bloody nose but there is also a security clearly with a bloody nose too.

The story goes that I'm Bratish was trying to restrain the man on the ground, and bopped his nose off the gate or the pier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Who said they were pensioners???
    You did.
    odyssey06 wrote: »
    How do you end up owing 400k to the Revenue on a state pension???

• Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

From the Irish Times website:

In 2015, the Revenue Commissioners entered into a settlement with Mr McGann in respect of a tax debt of €429,501, of which more than half was interest and penalties.

The original debt was €177,388 and was in respect of the under-declaration of VAT. It is not known what sales the VAT debt relates to. The settlement arose after the Revenue conducted an audit on Mr McGann.

The earliest court judgment registered against Mr McGann’s Co Roscommon property in the Land Registry files was in 1997, when an amount of £6,994 (€8,853) was at the centre of a dispute with ACC Bank in the Circuit Court. It appears the debt was cleared in 2002.

However a debt of €37,960 with ACC Asset Finance, which was the subject of a High Court order in 2009, remains registered against Mr McGann’s interest in the Co Roscommon land.

In the same month in 2009, a Co Roscommon business called Hanly Brothers Ltd registered a debt of €18,236 after securing a Circuit Court order against Mr McGann. That debt remains outstanding, the registry records indicate.

The same is true of a High Court order involving ACC Asset Finance which was registered against Mr McGann’s property in 2010. It is also the case in relation to a High Court order in 2011 involving money due to Bank of Ireland Leasing Ltd, trading as Land Rover Financial Services.

The size of these latter outstanding debts is not disclosed in the Land Registry files.

In 2012 a judgment mortgage was registered against the Co Roscommon property by ICS Building Society, following an order in the High Court. The land registry records indicate that debt has not yet been cleared.

It does appear that the people in this property have a history of taking a lot of money and not paying it back.

Yet why are they the victims in all this???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

seligehgit wrote: »
    He's not under any obligation to produce such evidence.
    That is ridiculous. RTE did not produce evidence of a court order ? THey don't have to. You;re making stuff up now. You do not know that there was not a court order. I say it is more than likely that there was one, given the reporting on the matter and the fact that the Gardai were present and did not intervene.

Thank you for supporting my position that the evidence of a court order is hearsay. Have you produced written evidence on "the reporting on the matter" that there was an actual court order? You have produced none yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

tuxy wrote: »
    Can anyone find the case here? I can find other cases involving KBC but not this one

http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/library3.nsf/pagecurrent/04AA6AC36D48E36C8025804B0059B994?opendocument&l=en&p=052

Perhaps I am searching incorrectly, can anyone help find record of the case?

Repossessions are dealt with usually by the County Registrar?

http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/library3.nsf/(GlobalSearch)?Openagent&SearchTerm=repossession&Scope=GLOBAL&l=en&id=907

Can anyone find the case here? I can find other cases involving KBC but not this one

http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/library3.nsf/pagecurrent/04AA6AC36D48E36C8025804B0059B994?opendocument&l=en&p=052

Perhaps I am searching incorrectly, can anyone help find record of the case?

I tried the 'Advanced Search' option, with the 'Judgements and Determinations' drop-down box. , and KBC in the search area.

No go. I'd love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Effects wrote: »
    You did.

No. Lots of posters on this thread repeating that fallacy. I am querying source.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I tried the 'Advanced Search' option, with the 'Judgements and Determinations' drop-down box. , and KBC in the search area.

No go. I'd love to see it.

Try Cabot maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

P_1 wrote: »
    Well whatever your views on the incident it's fair to say RTE didn't exactly cover all sides of the story on the 9 o'clock news just there

They were busy today getting someone with a drone to film the farm from above and even missed the fact two of the evicted were back in the house.

• Advertisement

RTE do love that new drone they got!

Use it in everything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Who said anything about anyone being on a state pension?
    He owed €177,000 in unpaid tax. A lot of which seems to have been vat that he charged people, which he then kept and didn't pay to revenue.

Sounds like a tax dodging businessman not a retired OAP to me.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

As I said spreading lies and misinformation about the government telling the media what to say is just pure fantasy stuff.

Let’s stick to the facts here or is that too much to ask?

I'm honestly not sure what you're referring to here. I'm not accusing the government of telling the media what to say, I'm accusing the media of being absolutely useless in its duty to have an adversarial relationship with those in power as opposed to a friendly one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Has anyone a google maps link to the area? It's telling me that Falsk is 35km from Strokestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I hope your house burns down on Christmas Eve.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the response you get from someone who defends tax dodging, bill dodging, vehicle repayment dodging cute hoors. When they have nothing left to argue about, this is their level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

https://youtu.be/vxRehZr-0eE?t=191

Yellow vests not happy about what happened!

TCM wrote: »
    Those innocent "security" men are now out of a job, and it just coming up to Christmas.

Source?

Has anyone a google maps link to the area? It's telling me that Falsk is 35km from Strokestown.

I found it yesterday. Give me a moment...

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Falsk,+Co.+Roscommon/@53.7802635,-8.1591831,324a,35y,90.96h,44.89t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x485c27a642c34e6f:0xd44ca96574c12de2!8m2!3d53.7770179!4d-8.1598234?hl=en-IE

The Google Earth co-ordinates are...

53 46 44 N

08 09 12 W

You'll see the large shed from the sat. images.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Just to be clear, as a unionist from the north, but also a centrist democrat who believes above all in democracy is it only security work we who identity as British will be banned from in the United Ireland utopia or will other sectors be off limits? Granted I am only on page 25 of this thread and things may change by the time I have read it through to catch up with this post I make now but at this point people have called the bailiffs loyalist UVF members who should be sliced up and/or hanged simply because one identified as British?? Even if it has come out by page 125 off this thread they were actually all former members of the shankill butcher's the fact that so many bigots could assume so much and express so much hate from the limited information that one said he was British does not fill me with hope for what would happen to my community in the event of a United Ireland. No doubt a look in the mirror for a bit of self reflection could help some of you who see anyone who identifies as British as somthing that must swing by the neck for seeking employment enforcing Irish law. I just hope no Irish men working in the same sector in the UK suffer the same treatment.

it's not about them being british. it's not about them being a unionist. it's about their behaviour. it's about alleged links to paramilitarism. it's about lack of understanding for the history of that area of the country by the bank. it's about the use of private security or private companies in general in the matter of law enforcement.
    british people and loyalists in general have nothing to fear in ireland. especially in a UI. after all, plenty of british people are living here perfectly fine. also, it is us who are looking out for your interests in terms of brexit unlike britain who are pretending.
    you have nothing to fear from a UI.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭buried

TG4 news have lovely footage of three starving cats lepin around the garden. One of them was probably viewing the horrorshow on saturday night like good auld Jonesy here

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭bb12

this seems to be it:
    https://goo.gl/maps/aNLPaeoenqH2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

klaaaz wrote: »
    Thank you for supporting my position that the evidence of a court order is hearsay. Have you produced written evidence on "the reporting on the matter" that there was an actual court order? You have produced none yet.

There is no evidential burden on RTE when they are reporting. You don't seem to understand this.

I don't need to produce "written evidence" either as I've shown you video from RTE where they said that the eviction was carried out on foot of a court order. That's my evidence. I am not invollved in the legal proceedings so I can't rock down to the four courts and get you a copy of the order. It seems that this is what you expect from a discussion board...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Someone posted that the farm is if going from Strokestown to Falsk then it's the first right turn.

I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Rvsmmnps

NIMAN wrote: »
    From the Irish Times website:

In 2015, the Revenue Commissioners entered into a settlement with Mr McGann in respect of a tax debt of €429,501, of which more than half was interest and penalties.

The original debt was €177,388 and was in respect of the under-declaration of VAT. It is not known what sales the VAT debt relates to. The settlement arose after the Revenue conducted an audit on Mr McGann.

The earliest court judgment registered against Mr McGann’s Co Roscommon property in the Land Registry files was in 1997, when an amount of £6,994 (€8,853) was at the centre of a dispute with ACC Bank in the Circuit Court. It appears the debt was cleared in 2002.

However a debt of €37,960 with ACC Asset Finance, which was the subject of a High Court order in 2009, remains registered against Mr McGann’s interest in the Co Roscommon land.

In the same month in 2009, a Co Roscommon business called Hanly Brothers Ltd registered a debt of €18,236 after securing a Circuit Court order against Mr McGann. That debt remains outstanding, the registry records indicate.

The same is true of a High Court order involving ACC Asset Finance which was registered against Mr McGann’s property in 2010. It is also the case in relation to a High Court order in 2011 involving money due to Bank of Ireland Leasing Ltd, trading as Land Rover Financial Services.

The size of these latter outstanding debts is not disclosed in the Land Registry files.

In 2012 a judgment mortgage was registered against the Co Roscommon property by ICS Building Society, following an order in the High Court. The land registry records indicate that debt has not yet been cleared.

It does appear that the people in this property have a history of taking a lot of money and not paying it back.

Yet why are they the victims in all this???

This isnt enough to distract people from the fact the guards stood there as a man was assaulted right on front of them.

Security officers without id from a different country?

Who from kbc communicates with the Garda? And were the rank and file gards told to behave as they did?

With Ireland's past this seems to be a sensitive subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I found it yesterday. Give me a moment...

The Google Earth co-ordinates are...

53 46 44 N

08 09 12 W

You'll see the large shed from the sat. images.

That's it
    https://www.google.com/maps/@53.7797066,-8.1543157,3a,76.7y,136.37h,87.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjtTguIRd791azqC7Yd4mvw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

https://youtu.be/vxRehZr-0eE?t=191

Yellow vests not happy about what happened!

Jez, how cringeworthy is that?

Attack a KBC bank in Dublin with ordinary workers in it, the staff don't deserve that.

And whats with the music?

That for me is whats wrong with many people in this country. OK I think the way the people were evicted was OTT and not right, but these people have more or less let the family back into their house, despite the fact that they owe a lot of money. But sure its grand, someone will pay it.

Sure why don't we all stop paying all our bills, get a few rebel songs going.....it'll all be grand.

Rvsmmnps wrote: »
    This isnt enough to distract people from the fact the guards stood there as a man was assaulted right on front of them.

Security officers without id from a different country?

This. There are no circumstances whatsoever in which that should not result in the Garda immediately stepping in and arresting that individual for assault. Simple as that.

NIMAN wrote: »
    But sure its grand, someone will pay it.

If the bankers were allowed to have this mindset and get what they wanted when they bankrupted most of Europe in 2008, is it not entirely hypocritical to suggest that the public should be treated differently? We paid for [/i]their[/i] f*ck ups when they f*cked up, but now we should accept them treating people without an ounce of compassion in far less serious circumstances?

Yeah, f*ck that. The banking sector has absolutely no "sympathy capital" with the general public, and rightly so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

**** me I am as I said I am a unionist from the north but have never been overly invested in it but by god if iv ever needed motivation to fight against the thought of a United Ireland this thread is it! God knows what would happen to my community, my children if some of the knuckle dragging mouth breathers posting here were in charge! Please, the only solid evidence so far here is that one of the men who was enforcing a irish court order identified as British! That's enough for some to go on this sectarian diatribe. I am pretty sure there is not one UK based forum that would have allowed this level of sectarianism unfold simply because an Irish man was enforcing a court order in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

If the bankers were allowed to have this mindset and get what they wanted when they bankrupted most of Europe in 2008, is it not entirely hypocritical to suggest that the public should be treated differently? We paid for [/i]their[/i] f*ck ups when they f*cked up, but now we should accept them treating people without an ounce of compassion in far less serious circumstances?

Yeah, f*ck that. The banking sector has absolutely no "sympathy capital" with the general public, and rightly so.

But all the banks bar Anglo are paying back the money, so why should these people be let off paying money back they owe?

Advertisement