If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart TV that allows me download Apps

Options
  • 21-01-2019 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hi guys
    I am looking for a full hd smart tv around 42inch that will allow me to add apps ie Snipped by Mod
    Are there certain brands to go with or stay away from?
    Hoping to spend a max of 400 euro if you can give me some recommendations please?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi lazy man,

Please take a moment to read the Charter - I’ve snipped your post a little as one part of your query isn’t appropriate here, as set out in the Charter:

Please do not ask for advice relating to methods of obtaining TV or other media without paying subscription (or permissions from) the rightsholder - this includes but is not limited to certain Android Apps, Kodi Addons, certain IPTV services etc. These services are not offered by Richersounds and the topic is not welcome here.

A query asking which TVs can add apps is fine, staying in line with the Charter.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lazyman

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

Hi lazy man,

Please take a moment to read the Charter - I’ve snipped your post a little as one part of your query isn’t appropriate here, as set out in the Charter:

A query asking which TVs can add apps is fine, staying in line with the Charter.

Ritz.

My bad, sorry about that.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,144 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

lazyman wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I am looking for a full hd smart tv around 42inch that will allow me to add apps ie Snipped by Mod
    Are there certain brands to go with or stay away from?
    Hoping to spend a max of 400 euro if you can give me some recommendations please?
    Thanks
    Hi lazyman,

The Sony Android TVs have the most open web os to allow adding apps however we are unable to advise on 3rd party content working on Televisions.

For a 43" Sony Android you would be starting off at the KD43XF8096 at 699 euro which is a stunning 4K TV.

Let me know if this is the sort of TV you'd be interested in.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lazyman

Hi lazyman,

The Sony Android TVs have the most open web os to allow adding apps however we are unable to advise on 3rd party content working on Televisions.

For a 43" Sony Android you would be starting off at the KD43XF8096 at 699 euro which is a stunning 4K TV.

Kind regards

David

Hi David
    Thank you for the reply
    That is a bit more than I was hoping to spend, don't need the 4k.
    There are a few on yersite for under 400 so I'm comparing them now
    Thanks again
    Barry

• Company Representative Posts: 17,144 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

lazyman wrote: »
    Hi lazyman,

Kind regards

David

Hi David
    Thank you for the reply
    That is a bit more than I was hoping to spend, don't need the 4k.
    There are a few on yersite for under 400 so I'm comparing them now
    Thanks again
    Barry
    No problem Barry.

Lets us know which catch your eye.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.