Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Week's Top Five Queries (14.01.2019 - 20.01.2019)

Options
  • 21-01-2019 4:11pm
    Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep

1. I have noticed an issue with my property and I think this may be caused by Irish Water contractor works.

Please PM us with the following information:

- Your full name;

- Your full address;

- Contact number;

- The date that these works took place;

- Details/Description of the issue; and

- Any information which you feel is relevant.

Once you have provided this information, member of our team will investigate.

2. I am interested in buying a water filter for my home. Does Irish Water have any recommendations?

Irish Water cannot recommend any particular products or guarantee effectiveness. It would be best to talk to your local plumber for advice in this area.

3. We wish to build an extension on our property however a public sewer and manhole are in the way. Can Irish Water advise if these could be relocated?

We advise that you contact your local Planning Department in order to ensure that planning permission can be granted in order to complete this extension. The Planning Department will consult with our local Water and Wastewater Departments during this process to query if the public wastewater assets can be moved in order to accommodate this extension.

4. Can Irish Water advise me of the level of water hardness in my supply?

As hard water has no associated health risks, we would not carry out tests for it and would be unable to provide this information.

If you would like to get your water tested to check if you have hard water, you can find a list of accredited testing facilities at www.inab.ie/Directory-of-Accredited-Bodies/Laboratory-Accreditation/Testing.

5. I wish to report waste flooding from a public sewer. Who can I report this to?

Please PM us with the following information:

- Your full name;

- Contact number; and

- The location of this occurrence.

A member of our team will certainly follow up.

Advertisement