Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

RedXIV wrote: »
    I think you might be confusing it with the PS+ Collection which is a perk for PS5 users where a bunch of top tier PS4 games are being made free for playing for PS+ subscribers on the PS5.

The monthly games for November weren't announced at all :)

quick question, and apologies if already answered, can my current yearly PS+ subscription be used on PS5 when it comes out or do I need to purchase another PS+ Collection account?
    Also can I use it on both consoles as won't be getting rid of PS4

Thanks,
    G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

quick question, and apologies if already answered, can my current yearly PS+ subscription be used on PS5 when it comes out or do I need to purchase another PS+ Collection account?
    Also can I use it on both consoles as won't be getting rid of PS4

Thanks,
    G
    It can be used on all consoles, no additional subscription required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

It can be used on all consoles, no additional subscription required.

Cheers sniper_samurai that's what I was hoping :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

As usual, both games were already available on PS Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So that's 2 planned launch games given away on Plus off include Destruction Allstars

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,729 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you haven’t played Hollow Knight, it’s one of the greatest games of the generation - possibly the finest Metroidvania outside the genre’s namesakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭RedXIV

To be fair, if there is one thing I like about this launch of a new console is the fact that I'm gonna have a ton of games to play from the day I get it. As opposed to playing the game I could afford to death for the first few months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Wouldn't be surprised if Bugsnax was planned to be a launch PS Plus game for a while - don't think preorders for it ever showed up anywhere so I've seen it rumoured to be on Plus before. Destruction All Stars definitely seems like a game where they switched up the approach because of low interest, but it's probably going to be a good move seeing as it'll come out in a less packed window, and get a big player base straight away.

Haven't played either of those Plus games before so will give them a look before the PS5 launches.

Also an interesting note - they've added to the Playstation Plus collection with the Crash N Sane Trilogy and COD Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicle Edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

shrewdness wrote: »

Also an interesting note - they've added to the Playstation Plus collection with the Crash N Sane Trilogy and COD Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicle Edition.

nice.gif

• Advertisement

ohhhhh where did you see that???

ohhhhh where did you see that???

At the bottom of the Blog post, they went into detail on the Playstation Plus Collection, and those 2 games are mentioned(I don't think they were in the original annoucement?).

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/playstation-plus-collection-details-revealed-your-november-playstation-plus-games/

Final Fantasy XV was also upgraded to Royal Edition

At the bottom of the Blog post, they went into detail on the Playstation Plus Collection, and those 2 games are mentioned(I don't think they were in the original annoucement?).

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/playstation-plus-collection-details-revealed-your-november-playstation-plus-games/

Indeed. Interesting to note that only the PS5 version of Bugsnax is on Plus and will be available for 2 months.

Also this passage may be of interest for people who can access a PS5 if they won't have their own yet.
    Once you redeem a game from the PlayStation Plus Collection, you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member

You can at by webstore. Or you could anyway. Was how I had a PS4 backlog when I bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭TinCanMan

What a brilliant month despite the fact that I have Hollow Knight. I loved Shadow of Mordor so Shadow of War is more of the same which isn't a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Two games I've wanted to play and don't have so happy with that selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Two games I've wanted to play and don't have so happy with that selection.

I'm in the exact same boat! Never pulled the trigger on either but always wanted to. Happy out with this months selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Good month if you don't have them already, but at least in getting Bugsnax, so still a good month for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Only picked up shadow or war so a little miffed about that. May aswell trade it in and get something for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great month. I already own hollow Knight but barely played it, never gave it a proper go. I played the trial of Shadow of war and found it awful boring. Might give it another go somewhere down the line. Bugsnax looks great, standout from the first reveal. Cod zombies and crash trilogy both welcome additions. Said in the ps5 thread but that ps collection is fantastic.

Yup, amazing collection, will be able to try a few more games again, and looking forward to my second God of War playthrough on the 5. Now if Horizon Zero Dawn Complete was added...

Now if Horizon Zero Dawn Complete was added...

That's actually a surprising omission....

I reckon it'll be a December PS+ game, or in the month or two before the next one releases.

That's actually a surprising omission....

I was thinking they'll add it in advance of Horizon Forbidden West to build up to that release. The way they've added a couple more games to the collection suggests they may continue to add to it.

Either that or they'll sell a remastered version of HZD similar to what they're doing with Spiderman :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Polar101

Happy with that, I've avoided buying Shadow of War in case I ever finish the first game, but now I can give the sequel a go.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just realised my PS+ is about to expire, and the usual places don't seem to have code for either subs or credit. Anywhere I'm missing? Should've stacked membership

Weepsie wrote: »
    Just realised my PS+ is about to expire, and the usual places don't seem to have code for either subs or credit. Anywhere I'm missing? Should've stacked membership

Eneba have stock. Works out at €50 including their fee, you should be able to find a 3% off code handy enough though.

https://www.eneba.com/psn-playstation-plus-card-365-days-ie-psn-key-ireland

Yeah just saw them alright, hadn't heard of them before but that'll do.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I want to get a year sub from Argos, anyone know how it works paying part oneforall and part card or is that not possible?

• Advertisement

Kremin wrote: »
    I want to get a year sub from Argos, anyone know how it works paying part oneforall and part card or is that not possible?

In normal circumstances, yes you can do part payment with one 4 all, but nore sure how argos are operating at present. You can't use the one4all on self service machines which they direct people to I think

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Weepsie wrote: »
    In normal circumstances, yes you can do part payment with one 4 all, but nore sure how argos are operating at present. You can't use the one4all on self service machines which they direct people to I think

Yeah I've split them before in various shops but didn't know how Argos are operating now under click and collect . Thanks for the reply anywhos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PS Plus games for PS4 are now available to download.

Jesus, that updated site is an abomination.

Totally agree, used the updated app and it wouldn't allow me to just add to basket, had to do 2 transactions. You can't even filter now. Loads of people giving out about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

https://www.eneba.com/us/psn-playstation-plus-card-365-days-ie-psn-key-ireland

Is this legit?

Do we have to purchase Ireland specific codes? Will any other EU country codes work here?

https://www.eneba.com/us/psn-playstation-plus-card-365-days-ie-psn-key-ireland

Is this legit?

Do we have to purchase Ireland specific codes? Will any other EU country codes work here?

It's legit, PSN uses country specific codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's a free 4k pack for Shadow of War on the PS Store which will be nice for the PS5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

I like it. I had "purchased" Hollow Knight in a grand total of 3 clicks.

Open site > Click Subscriptions > Click game > Click add to library.

Much faster and easier that it was before. Plus it looks nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭Damien360

Morpork wrote: »
    I like it. I had "purchased" Hollow Knight in a grand total of 3 clicks.

Open site > Click Subscriptions > Click game > Click add to library.

Much faster and easier that it was before. Plus it looks nicer.

I was on mobile app. Subscriptions make sense but I had to “buy” each game separately. Not sure why they need my password for each purchase even when the games are included in sub and I am signed into app. It admittedly is easier to set the game to download than previously. It’s the very next screen after purchase. Previously had to exit screen purchase and return to same screen before click download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I found adding them much easier tbh. I don't particularly like trying to find things on the app but adding PS+ games was very easy once you found them.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I found adding them much easier tbh. I don't particularly like trying to find things on the app but adding PS+ games was very easy once you found them.

I agree it was much easier to add to library but there should be option to just add to basket and continue shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

If I have a current PS Plus subscription and enter a 12 month code I presume it stops the direct debit?

If I have a current PS Plus subscription and enter a 12 month code I presume it stops the direct debit?

It would but you can just turn off Auto Renew as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I cant even log in to claim the games.

**** sake.

I'm curious to see someone do a dive on the PS Plus Collection games on PS5 to see why they won't play on PS4. May just be something as simple as "if( system ==Ps5) play"

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm curious to see someone do a dive on the PS Plus Collection games on PS5 to see why they won't play on PS4. May just be something as simple as "if( system ==Ps5) play"

I don't think it's that they won't run on PS4, more they're only being offered on the PS5 version of the store. It seems once they are on your account they behave jist like a normal PS+ game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Has there been any indication on how long the PS5 Plus Collection games will be available for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Has there been any indication on how long the PS5 Plus Collection games will be available for?

Good question but don't think there's an answer yet. Looks like they will be constantly available while you have a ps plus sub, like ps now games. I doubt they'll have a date they'll be leaving as there are so many games there. Between ps now, ps plus and ps plus collection, they should just merge all 3 to really give gamepass a run for it's money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

So... Has anyone figured out how to use the store with a PC yet ?

I can't get to PS+ games... and yes, I have PS+.

What a complete clusterfucc.

500 internal server error... constant.

Advertisement