If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another TV

Options
  • 27-10-2020 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi 

I am back for another TV - Last one was a Panasonic - This time i am interested in the Phillips P50PUS855 Or the Samsung S55TU8500 - I am leaning to the Samsung  - Would appreciate your view

Appreciate the 6 year guarantee is included but if you were able to do anything on price  that would be great

Thanks 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

barsan wrote: »
    Hi 

I am back for another TV - Last one was a Panasonic - This time i am interested in the Phillips P50PUS855 Or the Samsung S55TU8500 - I am leaning to the Samsung  - Would appreciate your view

Appreciate the 6 year guarantee is included but if you were able to do anything on price  that would be great

Thanks 
    Hi Barsan,

Thanks for the post!

To be honest i think the 50PUS8555 would be my first choice! Not only does it have a local dimming panel, it also supports Dolby Vision and uses the Android operating system so it's a better all rounder than the Samsung!

richersounds.ie/p-204829-philips-50pus8555-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭barsan

Hi David

Thanks - Appreciate your view - Will go for the Phillips - I see they have also a 58 Inch Model - Are both Models in stock and available for delivery 

Is there any chance you could ask you / John / Kenny if there is any chance of a bit of a discount on the 58 Inch , you can tell John the first Phillips TV i brought was from him was in 2011 from Ashley in the Dublin Store 

Regards  Barsan

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Barsan,

long time no chat!

Hope all good with you - I do agree with David on the Philips 8555 - it really is a super TV and has just taken off since they arrived - which is an issue as the 50PUS8555 is completely out of stock - there is a tiny handful of the 58" available this morning in Manchester and then I don't have an ETA for fresh stocks.

In terms of spec the 8555 is super - I'd possibly lean towards the 8500 for gaming as it is a little more stripped down then the Philips 8555 which has the Android OS.

In pricing terms we have very little room -we can go to £629 in GBP - but the euro price at 699€ including delivery is already more competitive:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204845-philips-58pus8555-58-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Thanks again for thinking of us Barsan and keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭barsan

John

Thanks - If you can put me down for one of them in Manchester that would be great - Appreciate the reduction - As usual first class service 

I will contact with payment details tomorrow as the card details on file have changed

Barsan

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

barsan wrote: »
    John

Thanks - If you can put me down for one of them in Manchester that would be great - Appreciate the reduction - As usual first class service 

I will contact with payment details tomorrow as the card details on file have changed

Barsan
    Thanks Barsan,

appreciate the biz and the kind words!

just drop the guys a line (sales@richersounds.ie ) with a link to the thread and they will look after you or we can set up a voucher for you so you can purchase online in your own time - whichever suits you best ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.