Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EIR SPORTS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

yknaa wrote: »
    Interesting. I paid €199 last year (mulit-room) and cancelled a few weeks ago. Sub is not due to fall till late August however. They offered €225 but I said no thanks. Might be tempted with €199 if they ring closer to the date in August. Saying that, there is little on over the summer anyway.

Cancelling was a doddle and I always find them ok to deal with on the phone.

Don't they usually do a Black Monday yearly sub offer later in November?

They did a black Friday offer two years ago not last year. Last year I emailed asking was it on offer and they said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Is there a limit to how many extra boxes can be added for €2.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

IrishHomer wrote: »
    They did a black Friday offer two years ago not last year. Last year I emailed asking was it on offer and they said no.

They definitely did a Black Friday offer last year because I signed up with them - €149/ 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Handy offer. I'm probably switching back to Eir BB once my contract with Sky ends (provided I can get a good deal), so this will cover between now and then. For €3 you can't go wrong, can you?

dulpit wrote: »
    Handy offer. I'm probably switching back to Eir BB once my contract with Sky ends (provided I can get a good deal), so this will cover between now and then. For €3 you can't go wrong, can you?

Just set a reminder on your phone to cancel one month before the three months expire.

• Advertisement

Just set a reminder on your phone to cancel one month before the three months expire.

Already done. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Got an email off eir offring this deal just in case somebody missed the t and c's at the bottom important bit in bold cancellation is via writing

Please note customers may be charged a connection fee. Offer available only to residential customers on satellite only. Offer not available to existing customers. 2 month minimum term. To cancel, 30 days’ notice in writing is required from next billing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭lazyman

Call 0818203040 and it gets you straight through to an agent
    I got offered 16euro a month for two months but cancelled, phone call lasted less than 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone know is there a list available of which Premier League matches they have rights to for the first few months of the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

J o e wrote: »
    Anyone know is there a list available of which Premier League matches they have rights to for the first few months of the league?

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-07-19/premier-league-tv-fixtures-2018-19-sky-sports-bt-sport-dates-live-online-how-to-watch/

• Advertisement

lazyman wrote: »
    Call 0818203040 and it gets you straight through to an agent
    I got offered 16euro a month for two months but cancelled, phone call lasted less than 5 minutes.

I never call them I just email, I'd say I have their hearts broke I'm constantly closing and reaccepting offers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

rudiger2.0 wrote: »
    Been wondering about this. How do you get Eir sports if you don't have a TV box? Or does the router work as one? Cheers

if you have sky, you can receive it on that.

Otherwise, you can access the channels on a computer or through their App. (there's a limit on the number of simultaneous devices you can have and I think there's still restrictions on casting video from phone apps)

meep wrote: »
    if you have sky, you can receive it on that.

Otherwise, you can access the channels on a computer or through their App. (there's a limit on the number of simultaneous devices you can have and I think there's still restrictions on casting video from phone apps)

If you sign up to this you can cast. It's if you get the mobile only version that you can't...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I see their €225.00 Annual sub is now gone up to €245.00. So that's a No from me:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

I see their €225.00 Annual sub is now gone up to €245.00. So that's a No from me:mad:.

Wont be renewing either, especially since they've lost the UFC to eleven sports. You'd think the price would be going down with them losing Italian football, UFC etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

If you sign up to this you can cast. It's if you get the mobile only version that you can't...

If you have eir broadband, without going for the TV package, you can have the mobile app...and it does cast... using Chromecast with my S7 for the last 5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

xtal191 wrote: »
    Wont be renewing either, especially since they've lost the UFC to eleven sports. You'd think the price would be going down with them losing Italian football, UFC etc

the ufc is the only reason I have bt so it'll be gone here also

funny things is sky sports tend to put up their sub a euro or two most years yet they have lost la liga, the champions league, some of the golf and probably a lot more I'm forgetting and expect us to pay 17.50 for the privilege of having hd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

mailburner wrote: »
    the ufc is the only reason I have bt so it'll be gone here also

funny things is sky sports tend to put up their sub a euro or two most years yet they have lost la liga, the champions league, some of the golf and probably a lot more I'm forgetting and expect us to pay 17.50 for the privilege of having hd :pac:

I'm sure loads will leave now cause of it

If you have eir broadband, without going for the TV package, you can have the mobile app...and it does cast... using Chromecast with my S7 for the last 5 months

No, I meant there's a version you can get if you're an eir mobile customer. That doesn't cast, and you can only use app..

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Samson1

xtal191 wrote: »

So who has the Italian football next season ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Samson1 wrote: »
    So who has the Italian football next season ??

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057868095

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jazthedribbler

The Cush wrote: »
    Sky box and card only required - https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/

I'm not with Sky or Eir but have resurrected an old Sky+HD box, connected the 2 Satellite cables at the back of the box and connected the box to my VM Wifi. All good so far. Problem is I think because the Sky box has been turned off for a year the viewing card is not paired with the Sky box so don't see even the basic channels. I've typed in my Sky Viewing Card Number into the Eir Sport monthly subscription site and the number is accepted.

Anyone have any advice to get the box up and running without a Sky subscription to allow me to avail of the 1 euro offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tommyboy87

I'm not with Sky or Eir but have resurrected an old Sky+HD box, connected the 2 Satellite cables at the back of the box and connected the box to my VM Wifi. All good so far. Problem is I think because the Sky box has been turned off for a year the viewing card is not paired with the Sky box so don't see even the basic channels. I've typed in my Sky Viewing Card Number into the Eir Sport monthly subscription site and the number is accepted.

Anyone have any advice to get the box up and running without a Sky subscription to allow me to avail of the 1 euro offer?

Here is a link to pair your Sky box with your Sky Viewing Card.

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-viewing-card/activate-your-viewing-card-online

Not sure if it will work for you but worth a try.

Tommyboy87 wrote: »
    Here is a link to pair your Sky box with your Sky Viewing Card.

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-viewing-card/activate-your-viewing-card-online

Not sure if it will work for you but worth a try.

Thanks TommyBoy87,

I have a SkyID and I get to step 3 of Activate your viewing card online but on clicking the activatemychannels.sky.com link it redirects to the Join Sky TV today page. So unless there is a workaround I'm not sure that I can pair my viewing card with the Sky+HD box without a subscription. Bummer. :(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks TommyBoy87,

I have a SkyID and I get to step 3 of Activate your viewing card online but on clicking the activatemychannels.sky.com link it redirects to the Join Sky TV today page. So unless there is a workaround I'm not sure that I can pair my viewing card with the Sky+HD box without a subscription. Bummer. :(
    Leave the Sky box running with the card in it. I'm sure that they certainly used to update themselves over time, if the satellite signal is active. No harm to leave the Skybox turned on overnight to see if the updates occur.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Are the BT Sport channels available to cast too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

byte wrote: »
    Are the BT Sport channels available to cast too?

Yep.

So I had some success! Didn't need to pair my Sky viewing card after all.

Updated the Sky+HD box software manually.
    Noticed that I could view BBC 1 at 141 (plus other UK channels so reckoned the Satellite connection at least was fine)
    Subscribed to the 1 euro offer.
    Hey presto ... I now have the BT Sports channels in HD plus Eir Sport 1&2 etc.

Will cancel Sky Sports after today's golf, keep Eir Sports for 3 months and see if I get another decent Sky Sports offer from VM in the meantime.;)

Thanks to OP & Tommyboy87 and byte for replies.

This might be really obvious, but how can you log into the app after signing up? All I can see under register an account on the main eir site is section for TV or phone accounts, I can't find any reference to just having eir sports on its own...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

This might be really obvious, but how can you log into the app after signing up? All I can see under register an account on the main eir site is section for TV or phone accounts, I can't find any reference to just having eir sports on its own...

You mean you just singed up to Eir Sport via your Sky dish?

Then you don't get access to the Eir Sport app afaik.

Advertisement