Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murphy Richards saute Soup Makers Tesco

Options
  • 19-10-2017 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

This soup maker now 30 euro in Tesco superstore Drogheda. Great bargain I bought one for a spare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

vulmac wrote: »
    This soup maker now 30 euro in Tesco superstore Drogheda. Great bargain I bought one for a spare.

Is it this one?

Morphy Richards 48822 Soupmaker - Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00844D5FG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_42n6zbDA2TN9N

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

No its this one with the saute function on it. That one is the original model with no saute function on it

https://aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com/x/c/QhxHwWwkPNGl1Zhyc3BpP8gAAAFfNc7LHwMAAAH5AX2cSsA/https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XMK2GD4?ref_=ams_ad_dp_ttl

vulmac wrote: »
    No its this one with the saute function on it. That one is the original model with no saute function on it

https://aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com/x/c/QhxHwWwkPNGl1Zhyc3BpP8gAAAFfNc7LHwMAAAH5AX2cSsA/https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XMK2GD4?ref_=ams_ad_dp_ttl

Excellent, been wanting one of these for a few years now. Thanks very much for the heads up.

Hope there's one in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That's great value.
    I bought one for a relative who was big into making home made soup a few years ago and she gave up once I gave he the soup maker.

None in Ballincollig, Mahon, Wilton or Douglas :-(

• Advertisement

Back again in Drogheda superstore 35.99 about six left Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

What's the benefit of having this over a pot and a hand blender? Honest question, I'm always a bit wary of products that only fulfil one function.

There are different options on it. Saute;smooth;chunky and has a built in blender. Takes about 30 minutes to make soup. Walk away and it stops and beeps when ready.I have one over a year now and purchased another as a spare. We don't use it every day. It is one of the .most useful appliances I have purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Thanks, will check in local branch and hope for best.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Tesco in Millfield balbriggan has some of the for 20.15 euro late on Friday night had them on the supermarket floor as well as in the household dept. I asked other half if she wanted one but she told me unless I was going to use it no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

meolwan wrote: »
    Tesco in Millfield balbriggan has some of the for 20.15 euro late on Friday night had them on the supermarket floor as well as in the household dept. I asked other half if she wanted one but she told me unless I was going to use it no.

Was up there earlier, didn’t see the one in the OP but they had the Hairy Bikers soup maker for €25.
    It’s £45 on Amazon so it’s still a good deal, although no sauté feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

The saute one is available from eBay UK for a good deal.....almost half of regular price here. The seem to be €80- €100 normally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I'd really like one of these. When I saw the OP last week, I checked four Tescos in Mayo/Galway and none to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Any good deals on the Morphy Richards soup maker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    Any good deals on the Morphy Richards soup maker?
    I've been keeping an eye on those too. I think they are €50. There is one that looks similar, but must be smaller capacity, in Dunnes for same price. I think they call it Compact. Might work better depending on your storage space. That's the problem with these single-function gadgets. If you put them away you either forget you have them or it's too awkward to drag them out.

This is the one I saw in Dunnes, has 1 litre capacity: https://www.currys.ie/ieen/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/small-cooking-appliances/soup-makers/morphy-richards-501021-compact-soup-maker-stainless-steel-10181198-pdt.html

The one in Tesco has 1.6 litre capacity - so I suppose two servings vs four servings.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

leck wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye on those too. I think they are €50. There is one that looks similar, but must be smaller capacity, in Dunnes for same price. I think they call it Compact. Might work better depending on your storage space. That's the problem with these single-function gadgets. If you put them away you either forget you have them or it's took awkward to drag them out.

This is the one I saw in Dunnes, has 1 litre capacity: https://www.currys.ie/ieen/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/small-cooking-appliances/soup-makers/morphy-richards-501021-compact-soup-maker-stainless-steel-10181198-pdt.html

The one in Tesco has 1.6 litre capacity - so I suppose two servings vs four servings.

Thank you for all the information. Yes I'd definitely need a large one, big family here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

On the Amazon reviews, there was a lot electric faults reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scano.ie

MAJJ wrote: »
    On the Amazon reviews, there was a lot electric faults reported.

My mother has gone through 2 of these both due to electrical shorts in them causing the whole circuit to trip she just returned to argos, where it was bought, and got a new one. Definitely keep the receipt but great machine very hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

scano.ie wrote: »
    My mother has gone through 2 of these both due to electrical shorts in them causing the whole circuit to trip she just returned to argos, where it was bought, and got a new one. Definitely keep the receipt but great machine very hand.

Thanks as I love the idea and most reviews are good. Just wouldn't trust it, it trip and switch off power to fridges/freezers etc. I'll perhaps wait for a new model as you'd expect they would iron that issue out in time

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mccartj5

scano.ie wrote: »

Agree with this, we're on our 3rd one. No issue with Argos replacing it but keep your receipt it will break!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

We bought an identical Tower model in Lidl recently and it worked perfectly...... until now and it's after tripping the switch. It only happens about 3-5 seconds after the program is started so it looks like the heater is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Have one and it's brilliant but it's definitely easy to get the power input wet when washing it, probably the reason for the shorts. Have to be really careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Have one and it's brilliant but it's definitely easy to get the power input wet when washing it, probably the reason for the shorts. Have to be really careful.

Yep, checked the contacts and opened the unit up. All dry on the connection at the top, although the mounting screws had corroded slightly. There was a slight burnt plastic a smell from the base of the unit though.....We do use it a good bit, great machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

If not this make and model..... what others would ye all recommend. The above comments don't inspire confidence in this one!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We got this one on AMZ for just over £35 when on offer, it's gone through two Winter seasons making soup once or twice a week and it's rock solid and excellent piece of kit...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01FDPZ7UE/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Masala wrote: »
    If not this make and model..... what others would ye all recommend. The above comments don't inspire confidence in this one!!

Picked up the Morphy Richards saute version in Argos over 2 years ago. Used at least once a week to make soup for the whole week.
    No problems whatsoever. One of my best purchases (along with Pressure Cooker Pro & Breville Blend Activ).
    Saves so much time.

Buy in a bricks & mortar shop like Argos or PowerCity and have them save or email your receipt. That way you can easily get a replacement under warranty should anything go wrong.

We've never had a problem in over 120 uses. Not sure if people are placing this into the dishwasher or something.

Advertisement