22-02-2021, 21:24   #1
Caledonia

Sue if u get cancer after screening?

Reading about a case today and people think that it’s disgraceful u can get cancer after screening. Do they think it’s black and white.
I thought after cervicalcheck it was accepted that screening can’t find every cancer. And a solicitor getting someone to review a slide when the reviewer now knows the person has cancer.

But people seem to be taking cases so is just now at the stage people will sue even tho screening isn’t perfect.
Advertisement
22-02-2021, 21:50   #2
NickNickleby

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/c...-all-1.4433326

I think RTE were in the vanguard of declaring a scandal over false negatives, without ever understanding the nature and limitations of screening programmes. I was totally unimpressed with the alleged "Health Correspondent" who stirred it even further every evening on the News.
22-02-2021, 22:45   #3
Caledonia

That sets it out well. I hadn’t seen that before.
A political editor of independent this week was saying how much of a scandal it is that the HSE didn’t settle with a woman who died RIP. But how can they settle if there’s no fault. Her case was that 1 out of 6 smears was read wrong. It seems weak. So tragic she died but might not be anyone’s fault.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion