Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice is back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It's a little bit unfair that one couple had a week to prepare for the skate off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

So the dance-off routine is not the same as the one they originally did?

Is that a new thing, or am I just succumbing to old age and don't remember it from previous series? :confused:

LizT wrote: »
    It's a little bit unfair that one couple had a week to prepare for the skate off.
    Much good it did her :(

Have to say (from my position of total ignorance of anything to do with ice-skating, admittedly) that she looked much the stronger skater in that dance off to me. Jayne may have had a point that Lemar had more difficulty in his routine, but he looked far more shaky and wobbly, I was really impressed with how much Candice had improved.

And she's not a performer.

Think she wuz robbed.

How come this isn't showing up to watch on the TV3 player???

Am stuck out without the telly pages... thought it started at 6pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Jake and Kem are miles ahead of everyone else

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Autosport wrote: »
    Jake and Kem are miles ahead of everyone else

Jake yes, but Kem's skating is quite poor.

Jake and Kem again this week miles ahead of everyone.

Fair play to Lemar can't be easy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Lemar has now perfected his skate off dance. I don't know what the British public are doing constantly voting in Cheryl to stay. She doesn't skate nevermind dance. Now watch it be Cheryl Vs Lemar in the skate off next week for Lemar to be saved for the 4th time ;)

Ah no give Lemar a week off from being in the dance off

Oh I wish Cheryl would just go already.....she's absolutely MILES behind everyone else.

Fair play to Ale, willing and able to dance after that fall (which I gathered was only yesterday?). They were a bit tentative tbh, but who'd blame them!

Other than her (and maybe Lemar), this is shaping up to be quite the contest overall!

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, was there an aborted lift near the end of Alex's routine???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

All three celebs eliminated thus far are women. Not being sexist, just an observation.

Hard to disagree, though, that Jake and Kem are some distance ahead of everyone else. And it's safe to say, too, that Lemar, Antony and Cheryl are outsiders.

I think that calls for a look at the bookies' markets... :D;)

Paddy Power: Jake 6/4, Kem 11/4, Max 7/2, Alex 10/1, Donna 10/1, Brooke 12/1, Cheryl 33/1, Lemar 33/1, Antony 66/1
    Ladbrokes, Coral: Jake 6/4, Kem 5/2, Max 4/1, Donna 8/1, Alex 10/1, Brooke 14/1, Antony 50/1, Cheryl 50/1, Lemar 66/1
    William Hill: Jake 6/4, Kem 11/4, Max 7/2, Alex 9/1, Donna 10/1, Brooke 12/1, Cheryl 33/1, Lemar 33/1, Antony 66/1

Meanwhile, is there anyone else who finds it ever so slightly strange to hear both Phil *and* Holly announcing the couples that are "safe and skating next week"?

Of course, Phil announced the results on his own for the entirety of the show's original run. And it wasn't uncommon for him to say something like "The next couple through is... to be revealed after the break!" :D

While I can kind of see why Holly does it with him now, it *does* feel just that bit odd. (And that's no disrespect to her at all, of course.)

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I'm usually a big Holly fan, and love her style, but WHAT is she wearing tonight? The top of the dress is awful.

Oh for crying out loud - is Cheryl EVER going to actually let go of Dan?

(anyone else find the whole "he's moved into the family home and they're best friends foreva" thing a bit.... creepy? Odd, even? Does Dan have a partner who might have a say in all this (alleged) carry-on???)

I'm late to the party again tonight - I gather from an unintended glance at an earlier post that a female has gone tonight - I sincerely hope, in fairness to the others, that it's Cheryl.

I'm usually a big Holly fan, and love her style, but WHAT is she wearing tonight? The top of the dress is awful.

I loved Holly’s dress thought it looked gorgeous on her.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oh for crying out loud - is Cheryl EVER going to actually let go of Dan?

(anyone else find the whole "he's moved into the family home and they're best friends foreva" thing a bit.... creepy? Odd, even? Does Dan have a partner who might have a say in all this (alleged) carry-on???)

I'm late to the party again tonight - I gather from an unintended glance at an earlier post that a female has gone tonight - I sincerely hope, in fairness to the others, that it's Cheryl.

Tbh I wouldn’t let go of Dan either :D Cheryl is way behind the other dancers and Jake really stepped it up tonight and felt bad for Alex

Tbh I wouldn’t let go of Dan either :D Cheryl is way behind the other dancers and Jake really stepped it up tonight and felt bad for Alex
    He kinda creeps me out!

Jake fairly pulled it out of the bag alright!!!

Haven't got to Alex yet.

I loved Holly’s dress thought it looked gorgeous on her.
    I thought the dress was gorgeous (mind you, she'd look good in a bin bag) - but thought the colour did nothing whatsoever for her.

Ohhhhhhhh..... bad luck Alex!

That pull-through never looked right, right from the start. Nice routine though, despite the fall.

Awwww, I really love Brooke! Never heard of her before this show, but she's a laugh!

And fair play to Matej for getting dressed up in a tutu - waaaay above and beyond :D

• Advertisement

Be golly..... those two pros fairly showed how it's done :eek:

Well..... thank goodness for small mercies is all I can say!

The tabloids and gossip sites don't seem to have noticed that all the male celebrities are still in the competition, while Brooke and Donna are the last remaining female celebs.

They probably *will* take notice if either of them is eliminated tonight, though. :rolleyes: Whatever happens, they'll continue to happily churn out junk articles like these...

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/915593/Dancing-On-Ice-2018-winner-revealed-Max-Evans-Jake-Quickenden-Lemar-ITV
    http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/dancing-on-ice/feature/a849234/dancing-on-ice-2018-winner-revealed-by-science/

Jake is definitely the favourite to win but Max and Alex are close behind. I don't think Brooke or Donna are going to win

Well, Brooke and Donna have both survived to this week... but Donna ending up in last week's skate-off *was* enough for the Express to notice the low number of remaining female celebs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/917570/Dancing-On-Ice-2018-elimination-Viewers-angry-Lemar-Donna-Air-ITV

And if the panel *had* chosen to eliminate her, it's not at all unlikely that there would have been at least one article - in the Express, the Daily Mail or a site like Digital Spy - along the lines of "Why are the female celebs so BAD at this?" or "Viewers claim ITV bosses WANT a male celeb to win".

Damned if you do and damned if you don't, I guess... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway, on a happier note, here's another look at the bookies' markets. :)

Paddy Power: Jake 1/2, Kem 10/3, Max 15/2, Alex 10/1, Brooke 20/1, Donna 25/1, Antony 50/1
    Ladbrokes, Coral: Jake 8/15, Kem 7/2, Max 8/1, Alex 16/1, Brooke 25/1, Donna 25/1, Antony 50/1
    William Hill: Jake 8/15, Kem 10/3, Max 8/1, Alex 10/1, Brooke 20/1, Donna 25/1, Antony 50/1

Jake is obviously *that* good. :D And assuming that the final two couples will perform the Bolero - as was traditional in the original run - then the chances of Kem performing it are still high. :D

But there *have* been genuine shocks on DOI before. And it's certainly not beyond possibility that one could happen this week... :D
    ...because there will be a double elimination.

Now, as long as it's not Brooke and Donna - that *would* go down as a genuine shock, but not of the good kind...

Hollys dress is gorgeous :)

Oh oh double elimination and voting lines are open now

Brooke through... so the tabloids can shut up for another week. :D:);)

Still feels a bit strange seeing both Phil *and* Holly announce the results...

No genuine shock of either kind then.

Jake is clearly streets ahead of the rest. Kem and Max a possible second and third. Brooke had some improvement this week.

• Advertisement

It's getting down to the nitty gritty now. I still think Jake is miles ahead but Brooke and Max are hot on his heels :)

Advertisement