Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I'm guessing if that lad does make a multi-cart it will be more like a flash-cart. SDCard, throw on the ROMs and select from a menu meaning you don't load on the clones and throw on the games which aren't on the normal china multicarts.
    I have a CPS2 board on the floor in my 'office' - I must find a new home for it or bin it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Apparently there's a secret Outrun tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Apparently there's a secret Outrun tune

Fixed that for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My arcade artwork site now has a fairly decent collection of vector images, for those in the need of them :)
    I've added 1400+ vectors today on top of the 51000+ non vector images that are already there.

http://www.arcadeartwork.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Steve X2 wrote: »
    My arcade artwork site now has a fairly decent collection of vector images, for those in the need of them :)
    I've added 1400+ vectors today on top of the 51000+ non vector images that are already there.

http://www.arcadeartwork.ie/
    Great job Steve !

eddhorse wrote: »
    Great job Steve !

Cheers, just doing my bit :)

What the site is lacking now is some proper pinball artwork for restorations and new builds. I've a load of custom pinball stuff but no real original artwork scans :mad:

Cheers, just doing my bit :)

What the site is lacking now is some proper pinball artwork for restorations and new builds. I've a load of custom pinball stuff but no real original artwork scans :mad:

If you had a sideart for a Silverline it would be great too, like this :
    http://i57.tinypic.com/2hrk495.jpg

Did you change your name as well?

If you had a sideart for a Silverline it would be great too, like this :
    http://i57.tinypic.com/2hrk495.jpg

Did you change your name as well?

Dont think I have any silverline artwork. But it looks fairly simple/generic so it'd be easy enough to make up I'd say. IF you come across any decent pics of it(as in centered and good light) I might be able to do up a vector for you.

Yeah I changed from "Steve SI" to "Steve X2", although its not much of a change so people should still know me :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah I changed from "Steve SI" to "Steve X2", although its not much of a change so people should still know me :D

For this you have my thanks, unlike the bunch of other lousers who I now have no idea who they once were!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    For this you have my thanks, unlike the bunch of other lousers who I now have no idea who they once were!

I would also like to share my appreciation for that particular name change.

• Advertisement

Dont think I have any silverline artwork. But it looks fairly simple/generic so it'd be easy enough to make up I'd say. IF you come across any decent pics of it(as in centered and good light) I might be able to do up a vector for you.

Thats great Steve.
    I would imburse you for said work.
    Will PM you a pic later (sounds dirty)

Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Maybe we should jump on the bandwagon and change our names too?

Gush1o1n and cyberman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Gush1o1n and cyberman

Excuse you that's CyBeRmAn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll have been Upgraded!

No, I'll be staying as I am, or I may ditch the alternate caps, seemed like a smashing idea at the time.
    Though, like Retr0s armpit alien, I have grown attached to it and would miss it if it was gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Though, like Retr0s armpit alien

Do you know, I'll never forget the picture of that. Even now, I can see it if I recall back :(

Myrddin wrote: »
    Do you know, I'll never forget the picture of that. Even now, I can see it if I recall back :(

It was a first and, so far, a last for the A&R forum.
    Oddly, fact fans, in days of old the method for its removal would have been burning the sufferer at the stake.
    The medieval equivalent of nuking the facility from orbit, just to be sure....
    Or leeches, gods they loved their leeches...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't know what I missed, but by the sound of it, I don't want to know what I missed!

CiDeRmAn should become ScRuMpYmAn

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Star Lord wrote: »
    I don't know what I missed, but by the sound of it, I don't want to know what I missed!

Correct, you don't want to know and hopefully nobody will dig out the picture either! It's one thing seeing a pic of him in a schoolgirl outfit, another thing altogether seeing the kinds of life forms that grow in his dark regions! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Star Lord wrote: »

It quite literally is a case of what's seen cannot ever be unseen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Think I might have that pic in the depths of an old drive. Someplace the light of day shall never be!

And now for something completely different

https://youtu.be/-IAwLj6XKR8

Cool short pinball documentary

20GB of custom Pinball artwork ready for printing added to my artwork site. I do wish I had some original stuff to put up, but just haven't found a source or had anything uploaded to the site ftp(if anyone has some and wants to share with the world do let me know).
    Anyway, it's there if anyone has need of it

20GB of custom Pinball artwork ready for printing added to my artwork site. I do wish I had some original stuff to put up, but just haven't found a source or had anything uploaded to the site ftp(if anyone has some and wants to share with the world do let me know).
    Anyway, it's there if anyone has need of it

20 gigaflops :O

How much space is the rest of the artwork taking up?

20 gigaflops :O

How much space is the rest of the artwork taking up?

Not really sure the exact amount, 40-45GB hosted directly on the website(Irish Servers) and another 100+GB on Google Drive at least(but only sorted/shared about 50Gb of the GDrive stuff so far).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

What a beast
    Flyer.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Christ that brings back fond memories! Amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Thats amazing, it really makes me feel we have lost something special in this modern age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,062 ✭✭✭Doge

We are open every Saturday evening from 6:00pm until 10:00pm, entry is just £10 (children, £5), all the games are on FREE PLAY and the price includes some free refreshments.

DSfLFjm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Unboxing and setup of new Jurassic Park arcade game. Jesus I'd love to be able to do this.

• Advertisement

Unboxing and setup of new Jurassic Park arcade game. Jesus I'd love to be able to do this.

It looks like lets go jungle.
    every play it?
    ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

wtf????

Master of the Universe

Finally got around to putting the RunDMD in the FrancoB frame thing. Christ, was like a crazy 3D jigsaw puzzle. Two pieces of perspex, half a million screws and PCB spacers. But feck, does it look the part!

RunDMD_zpsxcpfs0t3.jpg

DSC_0346_zpszsow08jl.jpg

Shot under the hood. There's a little control board mounted behind the DMD. Actually the first time I assembled the thing one of the power cable terminals had come loose and a power wire had come out. Queue stripping it back down again. :eek:

DSC_0344_zpsv1uby3hq.jpg

And now for some gratuitous zombie headshots :D

RunDMD4_zpsemdblkxi.jpg

RunDMD3_zpsboti8gze.jpg

RunDMD5_zpsmawakj6l.jpg

RunDMD6_zpsv6u9pbdo.jpg

RunDMD7_zpsyhxa0m6n.jpg

RunDMD8_zpsmirqlhas.jpg

Managed to take a peak inside the PGM kit too. Brand spanking new. Even came with a nice pop.

DoDonPachi%20II_zpsqtuxaqm0.jpg

PGM%20KIT_zpsak36bpyq.jpg

Nice kit mate ;) yonton still has a few left I see. I was having great fun with the igs pgm before leaving the country for holidays, should have a few nice bits waiting upon my return.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

DMD is great, mine arrived last week and i stuck it together. the frame is top quality too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Finally got around to putting the RunDMD in the FrancoB frame thing. Christ, was like a crazy 3D jigsaw puzzle. Two pieces of perspex, half a million screws and PCB spacers. But feck, does it look the part!

Where did you get the DDP 2 :)

looks savage, really wanted one of those DMD but just couldn't justify the money at the moment :(

Master of the Universe

RunDMDs definitely ain't cheap, but once you see one running in person it's definitely worth the price at least. Greatest clock on earth :D

Not sure what to do with my one. Quite like it on the mantelpiece but would also like to have it somewhere in the same vicinity as my cabs.
    safetyboy wrote: »
    Where did you get the DDP 2 :)

Good oul Yaton on ebay. Seems one of his contacts found a huge lot of unopened PGM boards.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-kit-CAVE-DoDonPachi-II-PGM-IGS-Japan-original-Arcade-/311329644073?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487cb15e29

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321723354287?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

seen this in a neo geo group, might be worth a look for some of you

So the guy featured on Collectaholics right now on BBC2 is the same guy who owns Arcade Club!

Awesome!

• Advertisement

Just watching it now. The ould one with the dolls house is mad!

Wow. Some collection.
    I'm going to have nightmares about the maintenance ........
    Makes me want to move all move stuff into one room tho!
    The missus agrees!

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to ID a combat flight simulator arcade game that was most likely out between the mid 90s and early 00s.

The cab itself was in the Victoria Sporting Club arcade in Cork City, it was an upright cab with a flight stick, not sure if it had a throttle.

I tried the simulator category on the Killer List of Video Games but can't find it on there:

http://www.arcade-museum.com/results.php?genre=Simulator

It had a HUD view, and I remember it being very fast paced, between targets.

The targets involved other fighter jets and AWACs also:

awac-con.jpg

Air combat is probably the closest thing to it but the graphics in this game were much newer.

Does that ring bells with anyone?

Taito's Landing Gear was in the same Arcade at the time:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

horgan_p wrote: »

It isn't G-Loc either I'm afraid,

it had nice polygon graphics instead of sprites.

Cheers for the reply!

PiForce-Web - just got this setup with my Sega Naomi cab and its made it an ease to load/switch games. Freaking awesome!
    With a Raspberry Pi and a USB wifi yokie (and me needing to add in some firmware for my wifi USB yokie), a bunch of .bin files of the games edited down to remove the chaff and stuff that needs a funky cab setup, I've got myself a cab which creates its own wifi network, connect to it by phone or laptop and go to any site. It redirects you to a list of ROMs, tap the ROM and blam! It kicks off sending it to your lovely NetDimm :) (like a flashcart for the Naomi but Sega made it)

/blurb

Doge wrote: »
    It isn't G-Loc either I'm afraid,

it had nice polygon graphics instead of sprites.

Cheers for the reply!

Might it be on this list?
    http://www.migman.com/archive/2009-indexes/1990_combat.php

Finally !
    After 4 weeks of waiting Roadshow is back in action!
    HAd to get the CPU board repaired and I got a pinsound board.
    Its finally 100% working and ready to be stripped down and cleansed of its 20years of crust!
    2015-04-26%2B21.11.12.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Great Stuff

My new parts for NGG arrived aswell https://i.imgur.com/NOTTiQr.jpg

25 dollars of premium steel right there. Hopefully this will sort it out 100% mechanically now so I can start with the cleaning

• Advertisement

Drove up Sunday to collect the Atomiswave sd.. gave her a quick cleanup yesterday but it it's great nick tbh and didnt need much. Monitor is superb, the cab was imported from the uk and the guy delivering necked the tube and had to replace it so monitor is mint. Very impressed with the 15hz picture, better than expected, 31hz is incredible. I'll try get some pics of it runnning later with a better camera.

vuJ2LzAl.jpg

SmR7BlLl.jpg

5swYBBnl.jpg

Advertisement